Tenneco has recently acquired Federal-Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Plant Controller for ourKettering, OH manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for conducting all accounting functions at the plant as they relate to manufacturing accounting, planning, and control. Provides financial guidance to the plant and business unit management; develops and maintains procedures for the financial control of all plant assets, revenues, and operating revenues, develops plant overhead rates and annual operating plan; is responsible for the accuracy of the plant’s accounting methods, accounting records, and financial reports.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Establish procedures to ensure sound financial control of assets, and review of cost and general accounting activities to ensure that all systems are properly developed and maintained to meet business unit financial reporting timetables.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual operating plan.
- Supervises the preparation and interpretation of the financial statements; ensure reporting reliability, consistency and transparency; complete analysis of variances and propose corrective actions.
- Directs the preparation of interpretative financial analysis of plant operations and counsels the Plant Manager and the Management team on variance from the plan, helping to develop actions plans/corrective actions.
- Evaluate and assist in the preparation of capital expenditure requests.
- Co-lead the annual physical inventory with Materials Manager.
- Ensure that the accounting and reporting follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Tenneco accounting policies and procedures.
- Comply with all audit and Sarbanes-Oxley efforts/requirements
- Provides financial information to management and other personnel outside the plant.
- Coordinate annual standard cost reviews and changes throughout the year.
- Coordinate monthly plant manufacturing and cash flow forecasts
- Perform various other manufacturing and operations analysis and reporting.
- Lead accounting team in month-end closing activities
- Lead management team in greater understanding of operations impact on financial performance
- Business partner to Plant Manager
- Team participation both within/outside of facility and functional area will require travel to other facilities/headquarters.
- Manages the finance staff of the plant (3 6 people).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, an MBA or CPA desirable.
- 5-7 years’ experience in cost accounting and budgeting in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven management experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and other industry standards relating to accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex financial data to the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to communicate across various levels of the organization (to both financial and non-financial positions)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of SAP preferred