Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America division is seeking to add a talented Plant Controller at its plant located in Lewisport, KY. As a key member of the plant management team, you have the opportunity to monitor and drive plant business results. You will work closely with the Director of Finance and Operational Leadership to understand the commercial and operational processes within the plant, and to articulate those processes in financial terms. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
- Ensures a timely and accurate closing, maintenance and reconciliation of the Lewisport Plant’s general ledger.
- Develops and maintains records that value, report, and analyze inventory activity in the most effective manner. Organize physical inventory counts for external and internal audit. Maintain the stores inventory for accurate valuation on the general ledger. Audit stores inventory for accuracy to perpetual including quantities, cost and obsolescence with the respective operations manager. Identify opportunities for reduction in the quantities of stores inventory.
- Provides operations support (defined as plant operational analysis, support data and special analysis) as defined by the Vice President, Lewisport Operations, and Director of Finance to ensure the appropriate levels of management are properly informed regarding the financial and operational performance of the facility.
- Provides general financial and operational results of plant to the appropriate levels of business unit management to ensure they are properly informed through narrative, tabular and/or analytical internal financial reports, as defined by the Vice President, Lewisport Operations, and Director of Finance.
- Develops and maintains the records and valuation of capital projects spending and fixed assets including the development of depreciation expense for the plant.
- Serves as the point of contact for all plant SOX 404 activities and narratives.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset ledger. Establish a working knowledge of each process within manufacturing operation focusing on key performance drivers. Identify and maintain key performance metrics of the plant in collaboration with the plant and business unit management team.
- Inform personnel about their performance relative to the key metrics and to work with personnel in developing strategies for improved performance.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, and two 2+ years of experience as a controller.
- Strong analytical and written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Strong attention to detail with consistent accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate effective team leadership and team membership skills.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills with practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- MBA and or CPA is a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
- Prior experience working in an industrial manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Prior experience working with Hyperion.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and are most closely aligned with requirements of the position.