Requisition Number 18-0103
Title Plant Controls Tech 1/C
Job Family Power Operations
Employee Type Regular
Subject to DOT Regulations No
Percent of Travel Required 0
Relocation Provided No
Location Edge Moor Energy Ctr
Description Job Summary (including but not limited to):
Install, repair, maintain, inspect, troubleshoot and tune all types of mechanical, electrical, and electronic instruments, electrical and electronic equipment such as pressure transmitters and receivers, electrical and electronic recorders, combustion control systems and burner management systems (analog and digital), environmental compliance and continuous emissions monitoring equipment, analyzers, data acquisition systems, hubs, multiplexers, de-multiplexers, computer network systems, digital communication and fiber optic devices, television monitors and cameras, programmable logic controllers, personal computers including CAD system and other software, turbine and generator controls and sub-systems, meters, and control valves.
Repair, construction and inspection of all types of power plant equipment and structures, generators, motors, switchgear, relays and controls, lighting, power and control wiring, conduit work, switchboards, storage batteries and chargers, precipitators, rectifiers, re-lamping, transformers, rigging and moving of equipment, and other mechanical, electrical and electronic work normally performed by Plant Controls Technicians at the power plant.
• The Plant Controls Technician 1/C will normally work under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or General Plant Manager and in their absence, will report to other designated supervision.
• The Plant Controls Technician 1/C will normally be assigned to the type of work with which he is familiar whenever such work is available. However, when requested, he will assist in all types of maintenance, construction and inspection work (mechanical, electrical or instrument) as may be necessary.
• In working on jobs which he is not thoroughly conversant, the Plant Controls Technician 1/C will assist and take directions from the mechanic or technician who is qualified to do such work.
• Will perform any other related or less-skilled work as required or directed.
• Will direct the work of others assisting him.
• Will maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping at all times.
• Must cooperate fully with all other members of the organization.
• Will work such hours as are permissible or as may be necessary or requested because of unusual or emergency conditions or to maintain continuity of service of the station or system.
• Prepare and maintain records, reports and schedules as may be required in support of maintenance work, equipment and systems projects and upgrades. Update information, maintain software and security for plant control systems data bases.
Requirements • High School or Vocational School education.
• Must have had previous experience in industrial or utility power plant general electric maintenance work of a nature that will satisfy the Company that he is qualified to handle the duties of a Plant Technician 1/C or eligible upon demonstration of ability, fitness, and other qualifications after completion of the Calpine Power Plant Controls Technician Progression Training Program for promotion upon company recommendation to the grade of Plant Controls Technician 1/C providing a vacancy exists.
• Planning and organizing skills.
• Safety awareness and adherence to regulatory, company and site policies and procedures.
• Decision making and problem solving skills.
• Create a climate conducive to team success. Cooperates fully with all other members of the organization and other departments. Must be able to deal properly with the public, vendors, contractors and in the best interest of the company.
• Must possess a valid driver's license at all times.
• Must be able to pass qualification tests prior to the Company awarding the position.
• Must be able to talk, walk, stand, sit, stoop, reach above shoulder, climb, and crawl, do heavy lifting, strenuous reaching possibly in abnormal positions, and not be color-blind.
• Must possess or obtain within six months valid TWIC credentials.
• Must pass back x-ray, hernia exam and like employment physical requirements.
• Maintain high standards of safety, environmental compliance and housekeeping at all times.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend