Plant Cost Accountant
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Plant Cost Accountant position is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of cost accounting and financial reporting as well as to provide management with information and analyses for use in making decisions critical to the success of the business. This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller and will work closely with plant management of three manufacturing facilities (Cleveland, OH and Alfred, NY). Responsibilities include month-end closing, cost accounting, financial reporting, variance analysis, cost savings analysis, internal controls compliance, balance sheet management (including fixed assets), budget analysis and development, capital expenditures, and forecasting. This position will work with plant managers to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, perform cost/benefit analyses, make trade-off decisions influencing product development and pricing, and execute process improvement actions.
- Assist in all accounting functions at 3 plant locations (2 in Ohio, 1 in New York)
- Complete month-end and year-end close activities
- Produce monthly management reports
- Develop and maintain cost standards for materials and labor at multiple plant locations
- Analyze production costs and suggest changes with implementation upon approval
- Oversee annual physical inventory as well as daily cycle counts and spot reviews
- Assist in the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Analyze financial data utilizing a combination of SAP and Excel to determine trends and /or significant changes
- Support operating departments with data and analysis with the intention of improving results on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Assists with evaluation, reporting and control of Capital Expenditure projects
- Other duties as assigned by Corporate Controller or Plant Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (standard cost accounting) required
Experience, Know How, Skills, Personality
- ERP experience required. SAP experience strongly preferred. Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to travel between Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH and Alfred, NY as needed - up to 50% of the time
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels within an organization.
- Motivated, self-starter who is capable of embracing change at a moment’s notice
- Pro-active solution thinking, convince by arguments
- Ensure rapid decision taking and execution of agreed actions
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
ASK Chemicals is one of the world's largest suppliers of foundry chemicals and consumables. The comprehensive product and service portfolio extends from binders, coatings, feeders, filters and release agents to metallurgical products including inoculants, Mg-treatment and inoculation wires and master alloys for iron casting. Core manufacturing and development of prototypes as well as a broad offer of simulation services complete the range of supply.
ASK Chemicals is represented in 25 countries with 30 sites, 20 of which operate their own production, and employs approx. 1,400 people worldwide. With research and development in Europe, America and Asia, ASK Chemicals sees itself as the driving force behind industry-specific innovations and is committed to offering customers a consistently high level of quality. Flexibility, quickness, quality and sustainability as well as cost-effective products and services are of key importance.
ASK Chemicals is a new and growing company with a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. As a growing global specialty chemical company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our organization. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
ASK Chemicals is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.