Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia Pacific has an immediate opening for a Plant Engineer at our Lovell, WY Gypsum facility. The Plant Engineer creates value by leading project teams in the development and implementation of projects at the site. The selected individual will provide technical support and leadership to maintenance and operations teams. This will be accomplished through creative insight, innovation, disciplined problem solving, personal accountability, economic decision making, and critical thinking. If you possess a strong technical orientation combined with leadership and an entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to learn more about you!
- Leading plant projects in the development and plant projects using the Georgia-Pacific project work process and leveraging the latest project management tools and techniques to complete all phases of a capital project including: design, budgeting, procurement, construction, and system startup
- Providing integrity-based leadership for the execution of capital/MEP projects from conceptualization through operational performance
- Managing projects utilizing communication, time management, and presentation skills to all levels of the organization to include peers, leadership, corporate resources, and floor-level team members
- Coordinate the use of contractors in compliance with all GP Contractor Guidelines
- Understanding and application of Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) to influence and lead project teams to implement strategic capital initiatives.
- Supporting value drivers for the business by safely and responsibly delivering project goals including product quality, production, schedule, and cost
- Providing technical support to maintenance and operations
- Occasional travel to other GP sites to gain best practices on project implementation
- Use critical, economic, and analytical thinking skills to foresee technical issues and report to Senior Management
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience leading, directing, and tracking progress of projects
- Mechanical maintenance aptitude and troubleshooting / problem-solving skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Experience preparing project documents, presentations skills, etc.
- Willing and able to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends as the business requires
- Must be willing and able to travel on occasion (i.e. up to 20% travel as the business requires)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience using basic accounting and financial knowledge
- 1-2 years mechanical engineering & capital project management experience to include scope development, bidding/purchase, and installation/setup of heavy industrial and manufacturing equipment
- Experience and proficiency using AutoCAD Suite
- Leadership experience to include interaction and accountability with contractors
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf