Your office is outdoors, with a new view every day!
Are you considering a Plant Health Care Technician job working with a great team of people and hoping to find a company that truly cares about you? As a Plant Health Care Technician at Arborist Enterprises, you are vitally important to our team. We count on you to safely care for our client’s properties by applying materials at the proper mixture rate and distribution, getting the results which make our clients proud of their landscape, and delivering a level of service that has them love doing business with us! Apply now to be a part of a TCIA Accredited Company which has been in business since 1991, committed to safety, and maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Performs applications at client properties with excellent service and communication.
- Prepares company vehicles for treatment applications and mixing of materials.
- Evaluate and recommend treatment options by a proper diagnosis of insect, disease, and cultural/environmental conditions.
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material dilution are followed.
- Understand, calibrate, maintain, and operate state-of-the-art equipment.
- Learn/Understand insect & disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology.
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping and inventory of fertilizer and pesticide products.
- Manage client route and paperwork detail of work completed. Calling clients for appointment confirmation.
- Help generate leads for new and additional services.
- Adhere to company safety policies, state, and local regulations. Receive regular training in applications, diagnosis, safety, and equipment.
- Maintain open communication with our Arborist Representatives, management, and clients to provide feedback on Plant Health Care issues.
- Two/Four-year degree in arboriculture, horticulture (or related field), and/or a minimum three years’ industry/field experience.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, substance screening, and background check.
- Enthusiastic about what you do and the ability to work extra hours when needed.
- Knowledge and identification of common trees & shrubs.
- Highly desirable: Proficiency in diverse plant identification, diagnosis of plant problems, and implementing remedies.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
- PA CAT 6 & 7 preferred, or willingness and ability to obtain.