At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
This position will support both our Baton Rouge and New Orleans plants.
Plant Human Resources Managers oversee recruitment and retention, onboarding, employee relations, compliance, training, payroll, compensation, safety, and benefits in the plant. They are responsible for the development and administration of HR policies and procedures. Maintains and updates employee records, various reports, and provides employee coaching on work related matters. This position has a strong relationship with the Plant Manager and Plant Leadership team and must be able to understand business issues and bring solutions that advance the greater interests of the business. The primary duties of a Plant HR Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection and retention of plant employees. Partners with Plant Leadership in maintaining staffing levels to budget.
- Processes the plant weekly payroll and administers the attendance policy.
- Interprets and applies company policies, benefits, practices, procedures, programs and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the investigation and administration of worker compensation claims, record keeping, and documentation. Works with Corporate EH&S on workers compensation case management.
- Maintains records and compiles reports concerning personnel related data such as hires, turnover, employee programs, performance appraisals, wage progression, and absenteeism rates.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Plans and coordinates new employee onboarding to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyzes training needs to design employee and leadership training and development, including safety programs.
- Plans and organizes company events, e.g. luncheons, picnics, recognition, etc.
- Serves as the liaison between management and employees by handling questions and assisting in the resolution of employee related issues.
- Provides effective guidance and coaching to Plant Leadership, relating to employee concerns, problems, and disciplinary action to comply with company policies.
- Acts as the Plant Safety Coordinator. Responsible for managing all plant safety programs and training, and maintains the first aid room.
- Serves as contact with temporary labor agencies to schedule workers to meet daily production staffing requirements and to process pay records. Reviews and approves invoices, and addresses temporary worker issues as required.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas and other related duties as assigned.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelors Degree and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. A minimum of 5 years Human Resources Manager experience in manufacturing preferred.
Plant HR Managers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.