At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwavable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us atwww.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MISSION / SUMMARY:The Maintenance Supervisor works closely with the Maintenance and Engineering Manager to direct the daily work of 8 plant technicians. Planning preventative maintenance and repair work are the role’s primary responsibilities. This position also works closely with plant leadership and the maintenance crews to ensure that plant equipment runs at standard spends and quality levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in daily management and direction of the maintenance employees, including task & project assignments, OT scheduling, vacation approval, time clock edits, etc.
- Ensures production equipment, support systems (i.e. HVAC, air compressors, etc.) and facility assets are maintained at desired levels.
- Assists in planning and executing new equipment installations, equipment re-builds/modifications and facility system upgrades.
- Minimizes unscheduled downtime by monitoring and resolving recurring issues.
- Conducts effective PM and PdM programs by monitoring procedures, frequency of service, etc.
- Ensures equipment PM is prioritized in such a way to minimize production loss.
- Takes lead role in maintaining, expanding and enhancing facility’s PM program.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Routinely works with contractors and vendors on all aspects of facility maintenance.
- Handles routine purchases.
- Participates in insurance and regulatory inspections, as needed.
- Participates in Lean events, as needed.
- Provides guidance and direction to maintenance employees, as needed.
- Provides support to Maintenance and Engineering Manager and Department Managers, as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all GMP, safety, food safety, SQF, HACCP and food defense procedures (training will be provided)
- Any other reasonable request from management
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of direct industrial/manufacturing equipment engineering experience.
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Experience in electrical or mechanical maintenance of packaging converting equipment.
- Experience with a CMMS (SAP desired)
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college (Preferably in Engineering)
- Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Internet.
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma certification a plus.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.