For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done — and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double it’s revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations for Paladin, the Plant Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of our Akron, Ohio manufacturing operations by developing and implementing cutting-edge operational strategies, systems and processes. This position provides manufacturing operations expertise to drive operational excellence throughout the facility. This role is critical to the achievement of Akron's Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost (“SPQRC”) goals.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct all facets of manufacturing operations at our Akron, OH facility;
- lead all Plant Production, Maintenance, Materials Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Quality, Environmental Health & Safety, HR and Finance functions.
- Implement operational process improvement programs, including “Business Excellence System” and “Green Road,” to achieve measurable improvements in our SPQRC goals.
- Deliver world class quality and productivity through the successful deployment of “Green Road” in Akron.
- Accomplish market leading product availability by reducing target lead times and effectively building strategic inventory.
- Focus on attaining throughput objectives which provide operational scale to support future business growth.
- Configure and maintain appropriate plant layout to maximize customer lead times and minimize operational costs and cash flow requirements.
- Champion and drive a continuous improvement culture throughout to maximize competitiveness and financial returns.
- Ensure progressive safety behaviors are executed; STOP audits are in place, accidents and near misses of any level of severity are thoroughly investigated and countermeasures implemented.
- Assess, plan, recommend and implement approved capital improvement projects that deliver ROI and improve output.
- Partner with Divisional Sales, Product Management/Marketing, Engineering, HR and Finance functions to enhance operational capabilities.
- Collaborate with Divisional Sales and Product Management/Marketing to ensure the S&OP process effectively integrates the demand and supply sides of the business.
- Develop and recommend Plant goals and objectives, strategic initiatives, budget plans and ensure effective communication and ongoing implementation of these plans.
- Analyze financial data to measure and communicate Plant performance relative to KPI’s.
- Accountable for achieving results, including timely and effective use of the performance management system to candidly assess performance.
- Develop high potential talent existing within the Plant to provide a pipeline of future Plant leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college/university in engineering, business
management, manufacturing or industrial science. MBA preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of manufacturing operations experience with roles of progressively increasing
responsibility; Three (3) or more years of experience as a Plant Manager
- Experience leading continuous improvement and lean management programs and processes
- In-depth, hands on manufacturing experience, preferably in a steel fabrication and assembly
environment with low volume/high product mix/high margin
- Attachments, Heavy Equipment or similar industry experience is a plus
- Proficiency and hands on experience in MRP, SPC, Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9000 or equivalent quality system
- Strong record of demonstrated experience in formal safety improvement programs (eg. DuPont STOP)
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.