EP Minerals mines, processes and markets quality diatomite, perlite, and clay products. We are one of the top producers and distributors of diatomaceous earth and Bentonite clay worldwide. EPM s business is global, and we ship direct to nearly 100 countries worldwide. Our substantial ore reserves, multiple manufacturing sites, rich new product pipeline and global distribution network position EPM for continuous growth well into the future. EP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Site Manager is based at our Vale, OR facility and reports to the Director of FAB Operations. This position is responsible for the coordination and direction of all facets of a diatomaceous earth (DE) processing facility that operates on a 24 x 7 basis. The Site Manager will be a key member of the EPM leadership team and will provide strategic leadership and direction in aligning this operation with the division's business strategies and goals.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leadership: Ensures that all employees understand the organization's goals and are fully engaged in achieving them.
- Production Execution: Ensures the plant is operated in an effective, efficient and optimal manner to maximize the capability of the assets in a continuous improvement environment.
- Financial Planning: Develops short and long term operating plans including annual budget.
- Profitability Management: Manages productivity and costs to meet the financial plan
- Continuous Improvement : Leads process and quality improvement efforts to improve profitability and customer satisfaction – for both existing operations as well as new product initiatives.
- Performance Management: Assists employees in developing performance goals and in establishing plans to meet and exceed those objectives.
- Environmental Compliance: Ensures that all environmental aspects of the business are in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and company policy.
- Training and Development: Identifies training and development needs, develop plans and establish performance metrics to meet those needs, and provide ongoing assessment tools to ensure desired results are being achieved.
- Staffing and Employment: Oversees the facilities staffing function including interviewing, hiring, training and development in an effort to retain and develop the best talent for the organization.
- Employee Relations: Promotes a positive employee environment insuring a continuation of the solid working relationship with all employees.
- Safety and Compliance: Maintains a site culture and work processes to ensure that we maintain legal compliance and, more importantly, that every employee goes home safe at the end of every day.
WHAT YOU BRING TO EP MINERALS The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated record of accomplishment and leadership in a manufacturing operation focused on safety, reliability, and profit improvement. This experience should include industrial minerals manufacturing or comparable dry processing operations. Experience should include 10 years of manufacturing experience with at least 5 years in a key management leadership role. Specific expertise areas should include exposure to a strong team-based orientation. Functional experience in process change, safety improvement, quality leadership, and environmental compliance is critical. Demonstrated skills in lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other world-class manufacturing systems will be considered a plus. The Plant Manager needs to enjoy working in a dynamic, independent environment.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in the following areas:
- Leading a manufacturing organization from good performance" to best in the business" by driving improvements in quality, reliability, and cost efficiency
- Understanding and managing financial results
- Implementing re-engineering processes and quality improvement efforts (both existing operations and new product initiatives).
- Establishing individual and plant performance goals
- Driving culture change and performance management/accountability across operations
- Implementing cost-reduction strategies
- Implementing major capital projects on time and on budget
- Developing short and long term operating plans including annual budget.
- Leading initiatives to establish a world class safety environment
- Managing environmental requirements for compliance with laws and policies.
- Coordinating closely with other functions, especially Sales, to meet customer needs, outmaneuver the competition, and grow the business.
- Background in Engineering
EP's culture is based on a broad range of Fundamentals known as the EP Way. Our Mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality industrial minerals and deliver them with amazing customer service and technical expertise. Our screening process is designed specifically to identify and attract candidates who will support and help to grow EP Minerals' business goals. Our employees are able to enjoy a strong sense of community, career growth, and work/life balance. We actively seek employees who will add value to the business and strength to our culture. This role is a wonderful opportunity for the candidate who wants to make a difference to the team and an impact to the Company.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical (PPO w/FSA, HDHP w/HSA), Dental, Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Coverage
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Group Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Group Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Group Disability Insurance
- Paid sick and vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Program
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume with salary history and requirements.
EP Minerals supports a drug free culture. Successful candidates must pass a post offer background and drug screen.