Provide leadership, direct and manage plant manufacturing operations and support departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Provide direct leadership, mentoring, and coaching and supervise the leadership team and all salaried staff in the plant.
- Responsible for the development, performance feedback, direction and leadership of all colleagues in the plant including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Responsible for the identification, selection, training and coaching management talent.
- Drive the utilization of problem solving methods for related plant and customer problems / issues.
- Directs, drives, establishes and implements new programs and plant productivity improvements to achieve plant productivity goals and customer cost reduction goals.
- Responsible for plant manning levels and assures compliance and improvements to the budget.
- Provide plant input into quoting and business development activities (ex. pricing, program management, plant capacity, etc.)
- Responsible for leading the plant safety committee.
- Assign clear responsibilities for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and hold all direct reports accountable for enforcement
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Responsible for interactions with outside groups including local, state and national government officials.
- Responsible for customer and supplier interface.
- Represent the company during customer visits / surveys and during meetings / presentations at customers location.
- Provide key input into the development of North America''s strategic business plan.
- Develop and drive the plant''s strategic business plan along with identifying key measurable to support the plant business goals.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the plant.
- Direct the utilization of the company performance metric format to effectively track, monitor, and implement required improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Responsible for the safety, quality, productivity and delivery of all plant operations and colleagues.
- Ensure accountability and discipline within the plant.
- Responsible for overall coordination and communication of North America and plant goals.
- Drive implementation of a progressive production system and required operating procedures and work instructions to improve plant performance metrics and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provide active leadership role in meeting / exceeding customer expectations in all related areas.
- Develop, drive and support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registrations (ex. TS 16949/ISO14001)
- Responsible for assuring that all internal and OSHA required procedures are being followed in the performance of daily activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized, and to verify individual usage of personal protective equipment by the entire work team.
- Comply and oversee compliance with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in the performance of daily activities.
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc).
Reports directly to the Director Operations, North America. Interfaces on a frequent basis with plant and corporate manufacturing, materials, quality, plant and corporate engineering, maintenance, human resources, information technology, finance, other corporate functions and the plant''s customers.
- Directly supervises the leadership team and responsible for all salaried staff in the plant.
- Responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring the leadership team and providing them with the skills to lead, coach and mentor their direct reports.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in business related field, prefer manufacturing, engineering or quality, with a Master''s preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years experience as a Plant Manager, Operations Manager or Department Manager in a manufacturing environment with experience in a metals environment preferred, or a combination of degree and experience.
- Possess knowledge of plant department functions and corresponding roles and interactions to facilitate overall plant synergy.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive operating techniques into applications and results.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team effective problem solving methods.
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in quality and environmental measurables such as TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Ability to read and write in English and to perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.