Manufacturing Plant Manger
Are you looking for a new position that challenges you with opportunity to lead your own team? A Central Arkansas manufacturer has an outstanding opportunity for the right person. We are looking for a person with experience in manufacturing, leadership and the ability to assume plant manager opening. Requires 5+ years in manufacturing and strong knowledge of engineering, processes and process improvements. With progressive leadership experience throughout your career.
- Manage a multi-shift manufacturing plant to include production, planning, quality assurance, inventory management, shipping and receiving, asset and facility maintenance.
- Implement strategies which align with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Ensure a high-degree of safety preparedness.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Ability to train and develop operating staff.Monitor and evaluate their performance.
- Prepare, analyze, and publish manufacturing related performance reports. Identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to excel.
- Manage/Control costs congruent with budget object.
- Develop/Implement a comprehensive Preventative Maintenance program.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action/Preventative Action efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Combination of a related education discipline and previous experience managing building product manufacturing plants will be considered.
- Five years plant operations experience, preferably with high-speed sheet metal processing of galvanized and pre-coated materials (stamping, roll forming, fastening, packaging).
- Ability to work with and manage a diverse workforce.
- Familiarity withregulatory requirements specific to manufacturing plants e.g., Department of Labor/OSHA, Environmental, Right-to-Know, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting; specifically, high-speed assembly equipment, programable controls, hydraulic presses, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing a bargaining unit.
- Ability to travel CONUS – less than 5%.
- This is a safety sensitive position.