Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position is responsible for all activities that occur within the manufacturing facility. The Plant Manager operates effectively as a leader with direct responsibility for manufacturing and key support process operations. The Plant Manager leads through influence in a matrix organization in relation to additional functions that occur at the facility, such as shipping and distribution. The purpose of this position is to achieve continuous improvements in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, customer service and leadership so as to deliver financial profitability for the plant.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a commercial baking facility consisting of hourly associates and a management staff.
- Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring safe work conditions for associates and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety issues.
- With a focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure associates have the tools resources and capabilities to succeed and deliver on expectations.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support in the Company’s values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
- Conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of the management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate training programs to address developmental needs.