Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts.
Our company has a strong presence amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow. We are always looking for individuals that share our passion for customer service, diversity, respect, openness and honesty.
We are currently looking to add a Plant Manager to our Cedar City Meat Production Facility. The Plant Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, and effectively administering the day-to-day and long term production activities for the Cedar City, UT site, focusing on development, implementation and management of effective operational goals, while ensuring that internal and external Cacique Inc. customers are continuously receiving quality products & service, while maintaining a safe, effective and harmonious work environment. The Cedar City Plant Manager is also responsible for R&D projects related to products manufactured in the Cedar City location.
- Communicates and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction and support.
- Remains up to date with operational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Drives Company focus & sense of urgency, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect.
- Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops the right people; “walk the talk.
- Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives.
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Responsible for promoting safety awareness and keeping safety as a number one priority on a daily basis
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for Cedar City plant activities.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all Cacique Inc. policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Foster a climate of Safety, Urgency, Accuracy and Timeliness.
- Effectively manage the Cedar City, UT location to provide the highest quality products and services to our internal and external customers, by ensuring compliance to Quality & Production Policies / Procedures & Site Protocols.
- Jointly investigate customer complaints and initiate corrective / preventative actions.
- Assure the production of the required quality and quantity of products.
- Maintain budget targets for costs and standards of performance.
- Maintain the Cedar City site in a safe and inspection ready state.
- Provide purchasing requirements to the Purchasing dept. in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all sanitation activities are successfully completed.
- Ensure production schedules are met to maintain predetermined finished goods inventory levels. Ensure meat requirements are sufficient to meet demands.
- Ensure that the plant functions are supported by the most talented employees. Hire, train, motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of Cedar City plant employees. Ensure employees follow established safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices when performing duties in manufacturing depts. Counsel, record, and discipline as necessary.
- Develop direct reports to ensure best practices in all aspects of their job responsibilities
- Maintain site discipline to ensure the most efficient and safe use of manpower and time.
- Assure all department employees attend training in their job and safety requirements as established by Cacique Inc. guidelines.
- Jointly investigate accidents, completing all necessary documents and ensuring effective corrective action is taken
- Ensure quality control programs within the Cedar City plant are followed to assure conformity with quality and sanitation standards as required by Cacique and regulatory agencies.
- Serve as an active member of site Quality Assurance Committee
- Ensure that all non-employees within the Cedar City plant comply with Cacique Inc. safety procedures, GMP’s & SOP’s.
- Develop and implements effective SOP’s. Ensures that SOP’s are followed.
- Manage department assets to assure maximum and most efficient usage for production.
- Continually and critically evaluate all work activities as a basis for change or improvement which will eliminate potential safety hazards, increase productivity or reduce costs.
- Hold key responsibility for maintaining a safe work site.
- Serve as an active member on the Cedar City Safety Committee.
- Maintain safety standards established by Cedar City Safety Committee.
- Establish strategic initiatives, goals and budgets. Establish department initiatives & goals to support plant objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge and skill in operating equipment utilized under his supervision with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Assure compliance with established company recording forms and data reporting documents and take corrective action concerning deficiencies.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion in the use and care of company assets under his/her supervision.
- Through creative thinking, generate and present new ideas for products, methods and procedures.
- Ability to work with Cacique Inc. team members at all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team building skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional interpersonal and effective communication skills (oral and written) in the English language. Spanish speaking a plus.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to seek out new methods, principles and changes to existing practices that come from active participation in continual process improvement.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required
- Advanced computer proficiency, with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft programs preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or 8+ years of experience in meat/food required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Meat Manufacturing processes with a minimum of 8 yrs. experience in a manufacturing role in the meat industry, with a minimum of 4 yrs. in meat product processing.
- Must have at least 5 years of related Supervisory / Management experience, with demonstrated advancement in Supervisory / Management responsibility.