The Plant Manager oversees manufacturing of beverages in a multi-shift, multi-lingual operation. Provides effective leadership to subordinate managers in production, quality, warehousing, maintenance, and administration, to insure company standards are met in all areas of the operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops manufacturing organizational strategies by contributing manufacturing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
* Accomplishes manufacturing human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
* Develops manufacturing financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating manufacturing requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
* Establishes manufacturing operational strategies by evaluating manufacturing trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing manufacturing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
* Delivers consistent superior product quality by enforcing quality standards; maintaining HACCP and GMP's.
* Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Maximizes equipment operation by developing and scheduling preventive maintenance; organizing change-overs.
* Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed regulations; enforcing requirements; recommending new procedures.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Focuses entire plant on quality, service, safety and cost as a top priority.
* Insures fair, equitable and respectful treatment of all employees.
* Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
* Consistently sets the example of professional appearance and standards of behavior.
* Able to form and maintain effective partnerships across organizational boundaries.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
* Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
* Coordinates several projects at the same time while prioritizing competing demands on time frames.
* Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
* Ability to plan, monitor and appraise performance of location staff members.
* Ability to listen objectively to employee concerns and complaints and act, or plan a recommended course of action, in accordance with all Company policies. Seeks counsel from Corporate Human Resources as required.
* Responsible for compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all operational matters.
* Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
* Ability to attend various meetings as requested with minimal advanced notice.
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to: manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other venues as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Bachelor Degree in business, supply chain management, logistics, engineering, food science or appropriate equivalent from an accredited university.
* Seven to ten years of beverage plant management experience.
* Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Kaizen
* Strong knowledge of Production Scheduling and Inventory Control
* Strong project management, business writing and reporting skills
* Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
* Solid business acumen, management, analytical, and problem-thinking skills
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software.
* Must be 18 years or older
* Pass the background and drug test.
* Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled