Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Responsible for the management of all aspects operations located in Guernsey,WY. Lead and manage all safety efforts at the plant as well as site planning, pit development, quality control, rail loadout facility and maintenance functions. Additional responsibilities include asset protection, financial evaluation, budgeting and cost control, environmental, personnel and community/railroad relations duties. Ensure compliance with company mandated safety and environmental policies, programs and guidelines as well as regulatory compliance. Lead a management team and group of employees and provide strong leadership, training, team building and supervision.
- Safety: Ensures that equipment and processes meet or exceed the MSHA, OSHA and Martin Marietta guidelines. Pursues a culture of safety that is world class with an objective of “zero”. Actively engages with the workforce to reinforce safe behaviors.
- Environment: Establishes the environment as a priority at the site. Ensures regulations are met or exceeded by following MMM best practices.
- Operations Management: Provides direct oversight in the extraction, processing, storage, and shipping of aggregates at the site. Embraces best practices, processes and tools to ensure plant activities are optimized and costs are best in class. Effectively utilizes MMM’s maintenance programs to maximize plant up-time and manage costs.
- Performance Management: Promotes a culture of performance. Effectively utilizes KPIs, Performance Efficiency Reviews, financial statements and operational reports to track performance, establish effective action plans and continuously improve the operations.
- Quality: Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers. Utilizes best practices in extraction, processing, stockpiling, stock-pile reclamation and re-handling to ensure product remains within target specifications as it is received by our customers. Uses available reports effectively to measure quality, identify variances and establish corrective action.
- Planning: Develops operational and capital plans for the plant to continuously improve productivity and maintain costs as low or lower than our competition. Prepares budgets and forecasts. Prepares rolling 12 month production forecasts monthly and works closely with sales and customer service personnel to optimize production, sales and inventory levels. Assists in the creation of Mine Plans and ensures they are closely followed/executed (i.e. overburden removal and placement, extraction, and progressive rehabilitation/reclamation). Prepares Winter Shutdown schedules and executes accordingly.
- Capital: Works with district/division team to identify necessary sustaining and development capital according to Martin Marietta best practices. Assists in preparing CERs (Capital Expenditure Requests) and assists in installation/construction as required.
- Plant Image: Plant image includes housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance & property, and buildings.
- HR/Labor Relations: Supervises the workforce, typically through plant foreman and/or lead-hands. Responsible for effective recruitment, merit/recognition, disciplinary actions and terminations on site. Fosters effective employee relations. Establishes a safe and productive work environment where employees are proud to members of the MM family.
- Community Relations: Works proactively with the local community to ensure that MM is a valued member of the community. Activities include organization of open houses and participation with local schools and non-profit organizations. Political liaison at local and state level.
- Customer Focus: Provides customer focus for the plant team. Reinforces the needs of the customers. Assists district team in building solid relationships with key existing and potential customers to differentiate MM as the supplier of choice.
Education & Work Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in mining or engineering, or significant industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills- Microsoft, Arc Plan etc.
Knowledge & Skill Sets:
- Strong supervisory skills. Ability to develop effective internal and external relations.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Disciplined and process oriented.
- Knowledge of mining, crushing, and screening principles.
- Knowledge of welding, repairs and maintenance of mobile and processing equipment.
- Must be familiar with state and federal mining regulations as well as material specifications.
- Strong Interpersonal skills- Ability to communicate with various groups (employees, corporate, community)
- Business Acumen
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results- clear vision and direction for the location
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Process Management
- Time Management/Prioritization
- Ability to Delegate
- Positive Outlook/Attitude
- Organizational Savvy- develop internal network
- Ability to multitask/manage multiple priorities
- Ability to relate to other employees.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of implications of their decisions.
- Strong supervisory and people skills
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Disciplined and process oriented.
- Public Relations
- Take charge attitude
- Strong Interpersonal (verbal and written) skills
- Strong Math Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Salary Continuation – Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.