Our client is looking for a passionate, driven, and creative operations leader to take the Pocomoke, MD operations to the next level. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience leading an injection molding department, and will have a strong background in Lean manufacturing, will be a team builder, and will thrive on building relationships both internally and externally. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional process improvements. This Plant Manager will have responsibility for leading a high mix/high volume manufacturing and distribution business that supplies consumable and durable laboratory products to the world’s largest global life science distributors.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain adequate staffing and capacity plans to support to our client's growing market share. This leader should be able to positively manage a skilled workforce by focusing on talent development and succession planning. Most importantly, this candidate must work with the cross functiona lmembers of the organization to implement continuous improvement tools, operational metrics, standardization of work flows, demand planning of materials/labor, schedule adherence, resource allocations, shift sizing, capacity planning and performance reporting, that at the end of the day enhances the overall customer experience and supports our profitable growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for safety, quality, delivery, planning, budgeting, scheduling, manufacturing, engineering, and the overall customer experience for products made at the facility.
- Develop business plans, budgets, staffing plans, and forecasts, implements Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Direct production and ensure cost effectiveness and consistency with safety, quality accuracy and performance standards.
- Expert "hands on" knowledge of manufacturing, injection molding, and distribution processes.
- Manage Human Resources issues as needed.
- Continuously review and improve operational productivity.
- Facilitate problem solving within departments and cross functionally.
- Plan, organize and direct plant operations to ensure the Company's Strategic goals are met in a timely, cost effective manner that provides optimum quality, and on-time customer delivery.
- Prepare and submit operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status an dmake recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote employee engagement and talent development by: reviewing and providing timely feedback to reports regarding their performance; mentoring, developing and motivating them; developing an internal talent pool; helping resolve functional issues in order to achieve targeted performance; creating mid-term and long-term development plans for direct reports; and building transparent, cooperative, trustworthy working environment for the employees.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement investments in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance the plant's production capabilities in order to optimize production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Push the improvement of processes through use of Lean tools and by creating and sustaining a continuous improvement environment.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product/process/system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Ensure EHS compliance by: actively searching for potential risks and mitigate them; making the necessary reports in case of incidences; and implementing corrective and preventive measures in order to ensure the occupational health and safety of employees, as well as compliance with necessary regulations.
- Gain appropriate and necessary outside resources to ensure the annual business plan and planned projects are realized.
- Drive Operational Excellence, Lean tools, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Responsibility includes management of employee performance, hiring, discipline, development and recourse
- Acts as a member of the management team and performs other duties as directed.
- Responsible for enhancing workplace morale while operating with the highest ethical standards.
- Direct supervision and coordination of: Production Managers, Supervisors, Quality/Regulatory team members,
- Logistics, Maintenance, Engineering, and Supply Chain.
- Immediately reports injuries to management.
- Proven ability to improve employee engagement
- Skilled at building high performance teams
- Skilled at developing and executing operational improvement road maps
- Proven track record of enhancing operational efficiency in a high volume/high mix injection molding and
- assembly environment
- Skilled at utilizing Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC to make improvements to manufacturing/business
- Data driven, with a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Skilled at analyzing large data sets to identify improvement opportunities
- Must have strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP planning and execution concepts
- Must have strong working knowledge of Inventory Management/Control systems
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or equivalent operational experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Manufacturing Operations with demonstrated supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5yrs experience leading an injection molding business/department
- Must have experience in a high mix manufacturing environment
- Experience manufacturing products for global distributors
- Experience applying quick change, cell design, daily management, value stream mapping, supply chain
- optimization strategies
- Experience utilizing an ATO/MTO/MTS manufacturing strategy
- Knowledge of Operations Management and modern manufacturing/quality methods/systems
- Experience in an ISO 9001:2008 or 2015 environment
- Experience with computer-based Manufacturing Information Systems
- Sales and operations planning experience
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER
I will say that it has been a pleasure working with Scott. He is easy to talk with. Gave me great interviewing tips. He knew the players that would be interviewing me. He did a great job and that’s why I am now relocating to Tennessee.