Directs the business, financial, technical, manufacturing and resource functions of the facility. Directs continuous improvement activities and coordinates the development of the facilities people, processes and capabilities. Oversight for the facilities environmental, health and safety functions. Manages the quality function including compliance with all IATF & ISO requirements. Responsible for ensuring facility reaches target metric goals through use of BOS, Management Review, Lean and Six Sigma methodology. Takes complete ownership in creating and fostering an engaging work environment that is built on trust, mutual respect, open/transparent communication, empowerment, and engagement. Ensure environmental, health and safety regulations are met.
- Maintain a positive working environment based on Tenneco’s values.
- Direct daily plant activities, including supervision of salaried staff.
- Establish facility budget, financial and savings plans and manage facility expenditures.
- Develop Annual Operating Plan and initiate actions to assure attainment of targets.
- Set and monitor facility and staff goals and objectives.
- Identify and track key measures to monitor facility/function effectiveness.
- Perform periodic performance appraisals for all staff personnel. Monitor employee performance and establish related development and improvement plans.
- Target and coordinate development of facility system needs and improvements.
- Responsible for full P&L of facility
- Support efforts to implement succession planning for targeted key functional positions.
- Lead Facility Management Team through regular staff meeting.
- Direct facility efforts in supporting compliance to corporate budgetary and financial targets.
- Provide facility support and direction in meeting internal and external customer program and product needs.
- Guide efforts to manage and establish an effective facility capital plan.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures, standards, etc.
- Direct implementation of required facility audits.
- Responsible for guiding and initiating facility continuous improvement through Lean implementation.
- Provide resources to support facility and customer needs.
- Direct compliance to the required regulatory policies.
- Guide facility presentations and communications.
- Perform job functions in compliance with relevant environmental and safety regulations.
- Coordinate costing efforts and setting of facility standards and budgets.
- Promote facility through involvement in community functions and charity events.
- Effective development and execution of facility strategy to capitalize on Stamping future state layout, footprint, new product launches, and in sourcing opportunities to drive Gross Margin improvements to exceed AOP targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5 years in a combination of management, engineering, and business functions.
- Held various levels of management positions within manufacturing
- Working knowledge of automotive industry and related systems
- An MBA is beneficial or advanced degree
- Strong organizational, team, and program management skills.
- Working understanding in finance, cost, and accounting principles.
- Working experience in area of operations management.
- Working experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Understanding of applicable manufacturing/assembly methods.
- Familiarity with various levels/types of engineering systems.
- Working understanding in areas of quality assurance and production design.
- Technical writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in stamping industry