WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to joina cohesive teamand contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
Our continued growth has created an exciting career opportunity for aPlant Manager in our Milton, WI location. You will direct and manage all plant operations at the Milton location, with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, scheduling, materials management, administration and technical laboratories. You will manage the site’s employees either directly or indirectly, with further responsibility for performance management, hiring and administering safety policies and practices.
Your Education will include:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (engineering degree ideal)
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience/Competencies will include:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in supervisory roles in a manufacturing environment
- Leadership and people management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively make decisions and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a high-paced environment
- Strong business acumen
- Lean Manufacturing, 5S and/or Six Sigma Training
- Basic understanding of GMP compliance and ISO 9001
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, planning/scheduling, quality and shipping and receiving
- Oversee technical laboratories
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with supervisors to ensure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner
- Monitor and report on plant metrics including efficiencies, budget, etc.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries
- Manage capital asset maintenance
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for safety, production and quality standards
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; make recommendations to replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel
- Provide direction, development and leadership to supervisors and employees
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.