Why a Great Opportunity
Location: New London, WI
Wage: $125k - $175k + 20% bonus
A local and large and global manufacturer is seeking a Plant Manager in their Wisconsin plant.
The Plant Manager leads all plant operations and continuous improvement activities with overall responsibility for safety, production, maintenance, quality, and other production support areas. This role will achieve excellence through people management and development, driving employee engagement, and meeting or exceeding the expectations of our customers. The Plant Manager will also focus on ensuring a safe work environment, optimizing throughput, and controlling cost, while maintaining quality standards that results in maximizing profitability. The New London, WI Plant Manager has direct leadership responsibility for the plant leadership team at a 300 employee union manufacturing facility.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Leads and drives plant safety culture and puts safety first in all responsibilities.
- Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning and program development (3, 6, and 12 months out) to ensure attainment of business plan for operational goals, labor planning, growth, and profitability
- Leads identification of opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI's. (specifically safety, quality, waste, and productivity)
- Oversees all aspects of human capital planning & management for the facility, including HC goal setting, improvement targets for KPI's, salary planning, performance management.
- Ensures effective, timely and well developed communications for all product associates.
- Manage process control initiatives by ensuring manufacturing SOP's exist, and that they are sufficient for quality, safety, and process control.
- Leads plant budgeting processes
- Ensures execution of plant Cap-Ex
- Meets safety targets and drives a safety culture and environment to send every employee home everyday without injury.
- Meets or exceeds plant business plan and KPI’s.
What we need from YOU:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated passion for safety
- 7+ years of leadership experience, preferably in flexible packaging
- Demonstrates 3 E’s – Energy, Empowerment, Execution
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Demonstrated understanding of drivers of plant results, including ability to interpret financial results
- Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement