Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Plant Manager is responsible for overall plant operations. The Plant Manager has direct responsibility of the facility’s safety, quality, service, productivity, administrative and financial performance. This is accomplished through leading, directing and managing the subordinate department managers and office staff. The Plant Manager is also responsible for employee development, staffing, project management and annual operating budget preparation and recommendations.
The Plant Manager is the main point of contact between the company’s corporate office and the respective manufacturing location. The Plant Manager works closely with corporate accounting, Human Resources and freight operations. The Plant Manager is responsible for developing the culture of the facility and successfully leading the operation by practicing ADS Core Values. This position provides leadership for the facility and sets goals and executes strategies to meet corporate and regional business objectives. The Plant Manager reports directly to the Regional Manufacturing Manager and at the executive level, to the Director of Pipe Manufacturing Operations.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees and maintain a safe working record. Administer proper safety practices and procedures
- Oversee manufacturing operations. Meet or exceed quality, productivity and maintenance expectations
- Ensure excellent customer service through professional fleet operation, customer relations and proper inventory
- Manage proper staffing levels and facilitate employee training, development and career progression
- Prepare annual operating budgets for plant operations. Meet or exceed budget requirements
- Ensure proper management of all raw materials, finished goods and equipment inventories
- Facilitate various operational programs and ensure plant compliance
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial reports
- Maintain appropriate communications with other ADS manufacturing facilities and offices
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
- Maintain and build job skills through company and outside training programs
- Promote a positive and transparent work environment
- Ensure proper management of operating supply purchases via the internal purchase order system or company credit card.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at different levels within the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 4 year Business or Technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years progressive responsibility within the ADS, Inc organization
- Similar job experience
- Employee will be lifting heavy objects and must have the ability to lift 25 pounds
- Employee will be sitting for a specified amount of time and must have the ability to sit at a minimum for 8 hours
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.