The function of the Plant Manager position is to oversee daily management of all plant operations, including inventory, planning, scheduling, formulation, processing and packaging to ensure all products are produced in the most cost-effective manner within quality and safety standards. This position also creates an environment to maximize recruiting, managing and developing staff.
Core Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Manages production workforce to ensure that production of ADAMA and Third Party Customer product is produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensures standards for product quality and safety are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to managing plant budget and cost control.
- Ensures the Plant adheres to optimum Housekeeping standards to support the initiatives of Environmental, Safety and Health requirements
- Ensures inventory accuracy is achieved by adhering to warehouse best practices and managing raw materials and packaging use through End of Campaign reconciliation.
- Advises Production Supervisors on issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, and training. Ensures Production Supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Lead investigations for operational deviations, which includes safety, quality and environmental incidents.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Organization and Talent as appropriate.
- Primary Planning function working with Fulfillment Team Planners to meet on-time delivery of products to customers.
- Business Acumen.
- Change Agent.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
This position is directly responsible for leading Production Supervisors, Packaging Supervisor and Shipping & Receiving Supervisor of the plant and indirectly responsible for all production employees within the plant.
This job operates in an office environment (60% - 70%) and plant environment (30% - 40%).