Position Title: Plant Manager
Location: Rousselot - Peabody, MA
Reports To: Regional Vice President
General Job Description:
The Plant Manager position is the senior leader for the Rousselot Peabody, MA facility. The Plant Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This position develops processes that maximizes ownership, stewardship, safety, quality and productivity. Position has stewardship role regarding the protection of company assets, human resources and reputation, and reports directly to the Regional V.P., Rousselot, U.S.
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination for plant operations.
- Ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures promoting a world-class safety culture.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and governmental regulations.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to insure effective leadership, collaboration and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service and productivity.
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects.
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the plant's operating plan.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of RPI products.
- Identify and addressed conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management.
- Ten or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Proven experience or competencies in sustainable turnaround/change processes.
Preferred Qualifications/Key Competencies:
- Master's degree in Engineering or Management preferred.
- Food manufacturing and USDA experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills required.
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company; plant floor to executive leadership.
- Excellent time management, and strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills required
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, team-building and training skills.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: