We currently have a great Plant Manager opportunity at our manufacturing facility in Phenix City, Alabama. This key role provides the overall management and leadership for this facility. The Plant Manager will be responsible for managing all functions of a manufacturing and warehouse facility which employs 145 employees. This includes Environmental, Health & Safety, Production, Human Resources, Finance, SIOP, Maintenance, Capital and Physical Distribution.
The Phenix City plant manufactures several mineral wool products including industrial boards in various densities, high density batts for use in commercial building applications, and a wide range of pipe insulation products. The Phenix City plant became wholly-owned by Johns Manville in August of 2012.
Ideal candidate will have previous plant management experience and has the drive to lead significant improvement. This position reports to the Performance Materials Operations Leader.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
* Embrace and drive JM's emphasis on safety and environmental practices to either meet or exceed company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
* Drive continuous productivity improvement in manufacturing operations
* Lead, manage and develop managers and employees to assure the necessary capabilities and culture are in place to maintain effective operations including establishing direction, gaining commitment, delegating and building organizational capabilities
* Evaluate financial performance and take appropriate actions
* Coordinate the activities of the facility and resources to meet business needs
* Establish and manage activities in conjunction with senior management for meeting both short and long term plant goals
* Design, implement and manage measurement tracking and reporting systems for the plant
* Represent JM to the external community and agencies
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience in increasing levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment and 3 years leadership experience
* Proven commitment and experience in safety and environmental practices
* Proven leadership skills including experience in leading and motivating teams of 50 or more of salaried and hourly employees
* Proven collaborative and participative management skills
* Demonstrated financial skills and business acumen
* Proven knowledge and success with a continuous improvement process discipline
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and set direction
* Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
* Moderate travel required (11 -- 29 days per year)
Primary work environment is typical of an office setting. When in the manufacturing facility, may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled