Schuff Steel (a subsidiary of DBM Global) the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire a Plant Manager. This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, and exciting builds (previous clients include Apple, University of Phoenix Stadium, and Facebook).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to our production needs and under the direction of EVP of Fabrication and Operations, the Plant Manager will be responsible for directing all plant activities related to shop fabrication, production output, scheduling, quality control, facility maintenance, and on-time shipments.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- Workforce & Backlog Planning (e.g. tonnage to shop hours metrics)
- AWS structure and seismic codes
- AISC/OSHA standards and codes
- Blue print reading
- CNC Equipment/Welding Equipment
- Machine/Equipment layout
- Budget Planning/Forecasting
- Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Ability to lead a large diverse workforce
- Quality Standards and Process Controls
- Industry software such as STRUMIS or Fabtrol
Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have at least ten (10) years of Managerial/Supervisory experience in a structural steel fabrication shop.
- Experience managing in an AISC certified shop is highly preferred.
- A bachelor or associate's degree in a business, engineering, or technical drafting field may substitute 2-3 years of experience.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of Schuff Steel. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with Schuff Steel must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at (602) 687-1699. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.0