ARPAC LLC is the leading manufacturer of packaging equipment and OEM integrator of end-of-line packaging solutions. With 30,000 installations worldwide and full aftermarket support, our packaging machines and systems have been successfully implemented in a wide variety of industries including: food, beverage, printing and publishing, pharmaceutical, personal care, building supplies, automotive, material handling and other consumer products.
ARPAC'S breadth of equipment is unmatched in the industry and includes: fully integrated packaging systems that are custom designed to fit your specific requirements, conventional and robotic palletizers, shrink wrappers and bundlers, tray and case formers, tray and case packers, shrink tunnels and pallet stretch wrappers.
ARPAC'S headquarters, manufacturing, training facility and showroom are centrally located near Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, with sales offices throughout the United States.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Plant Manager to direct and manage the day-to-day plant operations of the company's production facilities which include machine shop, assembly focus factories, facilities maintenance and quality. The Plant Manager is responsible for driving strong gross profit margins through labor efficiency, lean practices and safe production operations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Production Team.
- Manage and direct the activities of direct reports to ensure the achievement of production goals.
- Manage and monitor overall plant performance. Ensure that all production plant operations continually meet or exceed organizational objectives including budget efficiency, schedule attainment, quality and safety objectives.
- Develop effective production operations that can facilitate and support both short term and long term objectives and strategies
- Work closely with the Production Scheduler to ensure production schedules are optimal and achievable.
- Work with Manufacturing and Assembly Leads to properly schedule and load balance project work to optimally achieve schedules and budgets.
- Work closely with Continuous Improvement Manager to drive lean initiatives, process improvements and waste elimination in the production plant operations.
- Foster an environment of Employee Engagement by promoting the company's continuous improvement culture, collaboration, respect and a sense of urgency.
- Direct responsibility for the effective management of operating labor budgets including wages and salaries, overtime, absorption, indirect labor costs, etc.
- Direct responsibility for the effective management of operating expense budgets.
- Build world-class production teams by establishing a performance-based culture around accountability and operational excellence.
- Develop, mentor and coach talent.
- Responsible for plant safety, cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Oversight for Facilities Maintenance. Ensure proper maintenance of facilities and with governmental compliance.
- Oversight of Facility and Production Equipment. Ensure proper maintenance, repair and or replacement of facility and production equipment. Ensure governmental compliance.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) that drive Plant Operations.
- Develop, prepare, and present progress reports, schedule updates, budget updates, project reviews and performance reports to Management.
- Work closely and effectively with other functional areas (Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, and Human Resources) to develop more efficient processes.
- Work with outside suppliers for shop consumables, gasses, raw materials, machine maintenance, etc.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Critical and strategic thinker
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Leadership Skills
- Business acumen with knowledge of financial concepts
- Excellent communication skills verbal, written and listening
- Team player who can work effectively with different departments
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Manufacturing or other technical discipline preferred
- Proven track record of Plant Management, ideally in an OEM manufacturing environment which includes machining and capital equipment assembly. Minimum 10 years hands-on plant management / operations experience.
- Minimum 10 years people management experience
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts production planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control
- Must possess efficient computer skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems
We offer our staff a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account including Dependent Care, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401-K, Paid Vacation Time, and Paid Holidays.
ARPAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.