Responsible for providing leadership, guidance and direction for operations at East Chicago slag granulation plant and South Chicago slag cement grinding plant and ensure sustainable performance aligned with business objectives, values and guiding behaviors while delivering business results. Create a safety culture of “Zero by Choice”.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and
- Lead the East and South Chicago operations & teams, ensure organizational alignment to business objectives, communicate and inspire, build trust and hold organization accountable for performance
- Implement strategies consistent with the company’s vision and business
- Represent LafargeHolcim with the community, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Function as a driver for change management and continuous improvement..
- Develop and execute plant and Capex improvement projects, deliver, project management and execution leadership
- Utilize performance management processes and tools to manage performance and development of direct reports and their teams; play an active role in development of future
- Deliver operational and cost
- Maintain a strong focus on customer satisfaction and quality
- Provides leadership and mentorship for the production and maintenance coordinators and Manage teams for a high level of engagement.
- Directs the activities of the slag granulation plant, True-lite/lightweight aggregates plant, slag cement grinding mill and product shipping to meet marketing and inventory demands, ensuring efficient and cost effective
- Ensure short- and long term plant performance is being maximized through technical and commercial management.
- Completes root-cause analysis on non-conformances and ensure corrective actions are taken to prevent recurrence of issues.
- Responsible to ensure operation meets all environmental requirements.
- Set department’s short, medium and long term goals and objectives, in line with overall plants objectives
- Manage the performance of the departments utilizing key performance indicators
- Adherence to operational SOP’s to maximize efficiency and reliability of the plant operations
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- As the leader of the plant management team, he/she contributes to the overall performance improvement of the plants, ensuring coordination and cooperation
- Works closely with Maintenance, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Quality to schedule equipment operation, maintenance and downtime.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: manufacturing, production efficiency, or engineering.
Required Work Experience: Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in an industrial production setting
Cement, Aggregates,, Foundry/Furnace and or other heavy industrial experience would be a plus
Travel Requirements: Minimal except between operations (15mi apart)
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of safety laws and regulations, behaviors & a proactive safety culture
- Business acumen
- People management and emotional intelligence, ability to build teams
- Technical skills; mechanical, electrical and process technology
- Project management
- Results driven, self-motivated
Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
- Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
- Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
- Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
- Drives committed and effective incident management
- Execute and monitor all respective internal controls, ensuring efficient/effective activities that support organizational objectives, while adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures