The Plant Manager is responsible for and directs all plant activities, developing the production schedule and producing a product in accordance with customer requirements while maintaining maximum production and minimum costs. The successful candidate will have previous experience as a plant manager and a track record of ensuring a safe working environment for all employees, cost management, developing production plans, people development, customer service, continuous improvement and the development of operating and capital budgets.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, and inventory processes
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, etc.)
- Develop and implement systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to assist in preparing the feasibility studies and ensure that the costs incurred are justified
- Manage employees including hire, fire and handle annual reviews.
- Work with maintenance staff to maintain production equipment and facilities.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience
- Lean Manufacturing
- Chemical packaging experience
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload
- Professional communication style (verbal and written)
- Technically capable and highly motivated
- High level of detail and the ability to think strategically