NACHURS ALPINE SOLUTIONSis North America's leading manufacturer of specialty liquid fertilizers and liquid industrial products. Founded in 1946, Nachurs Alpine Solutions has manufacturing plants located in Marion, OH, Corydon, IN, Red Oak, IA, St. Gabriel, LA, New Hamburg, ON and Belle Plaine, SK.
NACHURS ALPINE SOLUTIONS is currently seeking a hands on Plant Manager for its St. Gabriel, LA location. Our Plant Manager rolewears many hats and is extremely hands on. This position will be responsible for all personnel(approximately 15 employees) and all aspects of the facility and production.
The Plant Manager manages and oversees overall plant operations including safety, production, quality assurance, materials planning/scheduling, purchasing, shipping / receiving, security and maintenance. Addition responsibilities include working with the Technical Services group for the design, development and installation of new manufacturing processes and manufacturing system upgrades.
- Primary responsibility is for the efficient scheduling and operation of the plant. A significant percentage of time will be spent in the plant actively supervising and participating in the operation of the plant.
- Coordinate production to meet customer requirements for finished products and quality assurance.
- Coordination of storage and shipment of finished product.
- Performing production within established guidelines for production/inventory control.
- Supervision of quality assurance personnel, plant workers and office staff including formal performance appraisals.
- Responsible for the coordination of the maintenance of equipment and plant facility;
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining a safe, productive working environment through enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for effective interfacing with applicable civic and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with annual manufacturing budget and forecasting.
- Comply with all federal safety compliance and regulations; i.e.: OSHA, Hazmat, as assisted by Nachurs Alpine Safety department.
- Support Technical Services department to implement new production processes, production technologies, equipment design, etc.
- Oversee capital projects and develop capital budgets for process and plant operations
- On Call 24/7 for any plant or customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree preferably Chemical Engineering
- Chemical production or distribution background required
- 5-7 years supervisory experience in a chemical and manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of chemical processing and processing technology is a must.
- Exposure to inventory and budgetary analysis and control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced PC experience a must.
Nachurs Alpine Solutions isan equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.