Job ID: 192740
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
The Shelly Company
The Plant Foreman is responsible for safely controlling production and load out of materials produced in the batch plant, as well as for scheduling and ensuring timely delivery of supplies to the plant to perform duties in conjunction with dispatch loading operations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Enforce company safety rules and conduct safety meetings, including tool box talks; ensure facilities are operating in a safe manner.
- Accurately batches concrete load according to specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations, including but not limited to: OSHA, MSHA, DEP, etc.
- Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
- Prints out invoice tickets on each truck/load and files. Gives copy of invoice to truck drivers to obtain customer payment upon delivery of materials as needed.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment and trucks. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing parts, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, and cleaning.
- Become proficient in all batching, dispatching & Quality Control Software.
- Manage plant inventory, including daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix designs.
- Must complete daily clerical functions including; daily paperwork to Division office (customer Tickets/Inbound Materials/Packing slips), daily bank deposits, etc.
- Assist dispatch in scheduling drivers based on customer demand. Be familiar with the delivery areas and assist drivers in finding jobsites.
- Identify and resolve regulatory, safety, personnel, and production problems, in a timely and effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Willingness to develop subordinates’ technical and leadership skills and make recommendations for new job opportunities when appropriate.
- Effective management of employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
- High School degree required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to pass ACI Level One (1) certification preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with Windows, Excel, & Word.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer/employee situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee must regularly reach, use fine motor skills and repetitve motion.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, climb, stand, walk and sit.
This position requires an employee to lift:
Must be able to lift 50lbs frequently.
Occasionally must lift 50-100lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require personal protective equipment.
Working conditions include: hot weather, cold weather, wet weather, exposure to noise, exposed to high heat, moving equipment and working with others.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.