Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD Products Inc is a global leader in outdoor power equipment with manufacturing facilities, offices and distribution around the world. MTD’s engineering expertise and state-of-the-art facilities are known for innovation and award-winning mowers, snow throwers, trimmers, chain saws, utility vehicles and hand tools for both residential and professional lawn and landscape markets. MTD’s family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt® and Remington®, as well as Robomow®, Yard Machines®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten®.
Direct single site manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials, and machines.
- Lead and manage policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls, and plant performance measures.
- Provide plant and team leadership through visioning, goals, expectations, performance management, coaching and communication, employee engagement, employee development, and employee relations.
- Provide leadership for root cause analysis and effective problem solving, yielding immediate and long term corrections and enhancements.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations (e.g. OSHA), as well as all company policies and standards, including cost control, human resources, on-time delivery, quality, safety, and waste reduction.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Effectively manage the budget.
- Effectively plan for, budget for, and manage operations headcount needs.
- Identify, communicate, and drive implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Balance work cell loading across the plant.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with proficiency in the following areas:
- Change management
- financial analysis, including understanding and use of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, etc.
- Microsoft Office applications
- short and long-term planning
- project management
- Creating a Safety Culture
The idea candidate models the following leadership competencies:
- Character – Display high integrity and honesty
- Personal Capability – Demonstrate technical and professional expertise, solve problems and analyze issues, Innovate, Practice self-development
- Focus on Results – Establish stretch goals and Take responsibility for outcomes
- Interpersonal Skills – Excellent inter-personal communicate skills; Inspire and motivate others to high performance; Build relationships, develop others, and Collaborate with others
- Lead Organizational Change – Develop strategic perspectives, Champion change, Connect internal groups with the outside world
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in plant operations
- 5-7 years of experience leading a team, preferably in an operations or plant environment
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 9000
- Office / Manufacturing Site
- Approximately 25% travel within North America
MTD seeks to passionately create, build and deliver great products and services that consumers all over the world enjoy using to improve and beautify lawns and gardens. To learn more, please visit www.mtdproducts.com.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.