Johnson Controls is the world’s largest manufacturer and recycler of conventional vehicle batteries; producing over 154 million batteries - one-third of the industry's output - every year. We power every type of passenger vehicle, heavy-duty and light commercial trucks, motorcycles, golf cars, lawn and garden tractors, and marine applications. Nearly every vehicle battery uses materials that can be continually recycled, which makes vehicle batteries both economical and sustainable.
Located in Yuma, Arizona this is our most productive Distribution Center forming and shipping the world’s finest automotive batteries to a broad range of aftermarket and OES customers. The facility operates7 days a week (continuous schedule) with approximately 188 employees.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing Operations you will be responsible for providing strategic direction for this growing, high volume production facility. You will serve as coach and mentor to a developing staff while performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and/or supervisors.
- Drive a culture of safety and compliance to environmental standards.
- Encourages and promotes employee engagement to resolve business challenges.
- Confer with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards; develop budget and cost controls and obtain data regarding types, quantities, specification, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plan and direct production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Manage materials and control plant spending by gauging production needs, overtime hours, scrap/waste material and utilizes lean processes to narrow and improve inefficiencies within assigned plant.
- Drive the continuous improvement in the Plant sponsoring the use of Lean and Six Sigma Tools, and Achieve and Sustain Maturity levels in our Johnson Controls Manufacturing System Model.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Review and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operation reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems.
- Identify the need for and installation of new capital equipment on plan and to budget.Revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machine and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Manage key projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is required; Engineering degree preferred
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years working in a manufacturing environment required
- 8+ years of experience in plant leadership required
- Previous experience mentoring and developing staff
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience required on Safety and Environmental regulations
- Experience in lean manufacturing preferred.
- Experience working in the automotive industry highly desirable.
- Experience working for a global manufacturing organization is strongly preferred.
- This position will have high visibility in the organization. Assuming success, this position will lead to future growth in the organization.
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.