Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories. Popular brands include Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Farmer John®, Kretschmar®, John Morrell®, Cook’s®, Gwaltney®, Carando®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Healthy Ones®, Morliny®, Krakus®, and Berlinki®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Responsible for supplying maintenance personnel with the correct tools, parts, components and information necessary to maintain and repair all physical plant equipment. This position maintains accurate supplier/vendor part descriptions and inventory balances.
- Responsible for efficient and accurate physical MRO inventory transactions, including but not limited to: stocking items received, parts disbursement, returns, inventory audits and adjustments.
- Serves customers at the parts room window and records disbursements.
- Ensures data entry of maintenance documentation and administrative processes into the appropriate maintenance system(s), including but not limited to: Purchase orders, work orders, order points/maximums, invoice verification, restock orders, preventive maintenance processes and inventory audits.
- Researches order problems such as backorders and slow shipments with outside vendors. Helps schedule and expedite delivery of ordered items in conjunction with maintenance department requirements.
- Generates daily, weekly, monthly and other ad-hoc reports.
- Administers the CMM Program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5+ years’ experience in purchasing/parts room inventory/vendor relations, required.
- APICS Certification, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of SAP, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits