The Operations Controller in Beloit, IL is a high visibility role that drives the financial performance and strategic business decisions for the Supply Chain network of one manufacturing location and one warehouse operation. Beloit is a key operation in the successful growth of Ecolab to 20 billion in sales by 2020. It is Ecolab’s largest equipment manufacturing facility. The Controller is a key member of the Plant leadership team and the NA Supply Chain Finance team within Ecolab. This role reports into the Director FP&A and Accounting for North America based in St. Paul, MN with dotted line to the Plant Manager at Beloit.
The role has multiple finance support responsibilities which include procurement, logistics and manufacturing. This role manages a team of three. The Operations Controller will be responsible for the monthly closing, adhoc reporting; monthly forecasts; annual budgets including preparation of cost accounting analysis; maintenance of strong internal financial controls, including maintaining compliance with SOX requirements; and driving strong performance management across, manufacturing, and logistics area.
A strong candidate will be able to successfully support building a TPM Loss reduction culture that drives financial accountability and ownership to the lowest levels of the organization; Capital management identifying savings opportunities and return on investment, improve financial processes through automation and redesign, and be a true partner to the Supply Chain teams in the Beloit Manufacturing facility, Equipment Distribution Center and St. Paul. This person will also be able to coach and develop their team of three and drive great collaboration across functions, supply chain network and divisions to deliver great results.
What You Will Do:
- Active member of the Plant Leadership Team. Recommend improvements and helps guide the plant / supply chain through change while positively influencing others
- Manage individually and through their team all accounting procedures related to operations (e.g. G/L maintenance, accruals, expense charge-off, journal entry preparation, payroll processing, capital equipment authorization, asset management and inventory control including inventory reconciliations)
- Maintain required systems and procedures, which monitor the effectiveness of plant operations
- Ensure a strong internal controls environment -assure policies are being followed in accordance with SOX, GAAP and Corporate Policy
- Prepare and analyze financial reports including providing financial information for all plant departments
- Engage Operations team during audit function to assure policies are being followed; recommend improvements and drive changes.
- Establish budgeting process and procedures for all functions as well as coordinates development of department budgets with managers. Provide supplementary data to support budget preparation; provide detail and analysis as required including standard cost development and material loss/scrap.
- Financial representative on TPM projects
- Prepare monthly forecasts with interaction of department managers
- Monitor and drive key performance measurements and establish tracking systems. Able to engage non-financial managers to ensure understanding of targets while driving counter measures where needed.
- Ensure standard costs for products are correct working with the Global Shared Services Team.
- Maintain inventory controls and monitor cycle count processes
- Lead and develop team members
- Finance support on SAP implementation at the plant level
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 8+ years’ experience in Finance and Accounting, 4+ plant controller/cost in manufacturing environment
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- MBA, CPA, CMA and Green or Black Belt designation
- Demonstrated ability to lead/drive financial performance.
- Strong computer literacy in SAP, Excel, Hyperion, Blackline
- TPM/Lean/Six Sigma knowledge
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and practices
- Demonstrated history of process improvement and critical thinking
- Strong numerical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.