Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Terminal Operations Technician to support their Channelview, TX operations.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Individual possesses and is able to perform “Terminal Operator” requirements (Outlined in Operator Description).
• Responsible for routine Tank Gauging, Sampling and Hydrocarbon Product Analysis.
• Hazwoper Training - Barge Dock PIC Training required by USCG.
? Willingness to update existing training and attend new training to meet Company and/or Governmental requirements.
• Attend Monthly Safety Meetings and other Meetings and Drills as required.
• Responsible for gathering, recording, storing, accessing and sharing of information in compliance with Security Policy, Procedures and Codes of the Company Practice and Governmental Policies.
• Responsible for documentation and data entry for the “Terminal Operating System”.
• Responsible for compliance with appropriate action to comply with Terminal Health and Safety requirements at all times.
• Work cooperatively with other employees, contributing positively and constructively for the achievement of the Terminal and Company Objectives.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
• Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• Experience with Terminal Operating Systems
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.