Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01292501 Date posted 02/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world!
Do you have the experience to join our Team? We are currently seeking Plant Protection Officers for Part-time positions to work at our headquarters in East Hartford.
- You will perform a variety of routine and non-routine security and fire protection activities at the various Company facilities within Connecticut to protect Company property and its human resources.
- Preserve order and enforces regulations pertaining to employees, visitors, other persons, and the premises.
- Screen and control employees, visitors and vehicles to prohibit unauthorized persons from entering company property and inspect items to prevent contraband being brought in, or property being removed from the premises.
- Ensure all material being removed from the facility is accompanied by the proper authorization. Make regular, recorded inspection tours of Company property, being alert to suspicious or unauthorized activity, hazardous conditions, assuring security and fire protection functions are intact. Write reports describing all violations, irregularities or complaints noted.
- Direct vehicle traffic on Company roadways and adjacent public roadways as necessary, and enforce parking regulations. Issue identification badges, passbooks and maintain rosters of contractors. Respond to emergencies of a security or medical nature. Operate Company vehicles and other powered industrial vehicles.
- Depending upon the specific requirements of each facility, Plant Protection Officers (part-time) may also be expected to perform some of the following duties: Service and test portable extinguishers and fire protection systems, as necessary, to ensure they are in satisfactory operating condition and properly located.
- Check the handling, storage and use of combustible materials to eliminate loss potential conditions and make appropriate recommendations to functional department supervision. Grant permits for open flame welding operations and when required, monitor open flame or other operations that constitute a significant fire or explosion.
- Monitor and operate a centralized security and/or fire alarm system and associated network, including identification badge-key control system and/or computerized fire alarm, fire detection, suppression and surveillance systems.
- Respond to fire and/or hazmat emergencies, assist in organizing and directing others at the scene utilizing a variety of protective gear and specialized equipment. Drive, operate and service a Company ambulance; perform emergency medical treatment on employees and other persons.
- May perform training duties within the facility for both Protective Services employees as well as other employees. May perform a variety of other protective services-related duties, as assigned.
- 6+ Months work in Aerospace/Manufacturing/ Industrial/ Healthcare
- High School/ GED
- Valid Drivers License
- EMT/ EMR Certification
- 3+ years Protection services in Manufacturing/Industrial/Aerospace/ Healthcare
- Ability to obtain or current Security Clearance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms