Deploy Vehicle Group North America (VGNA) quality plan at the operational level in conjunction with the Regional Quality Manager and provide overall quality leadership throughout the organization. Drive continuous process improvement efforts through the implementation of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools in conjunction with the NAA Operational Excellence Manager. Guide, direct, maintain and monitor all activities associated with the successful application of Eaton’s Quality System. Lead plant wide Eaton Business System implementation and integration of prescribed processes. Provide support in Total Quality Leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and the support service functions of the organization. Manage the Quality Assurance strategy to facilitate continuous production of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. Manage Supplier Quality Organization to drive improved performance and reduced business impact by improving supplier quality performance.
- Must work consistently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury and illness and to observe Federal, State, local, and overall regional company safety and health regulations. Must reflect an interest in company safety and health objectives and required to set a good example by always observing the rules as a part of the normal work routine
- Develop and implement an Operations Excellence organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives and lead the efforts to integrate quality and the Eaton Lean System needs into the development of short and long range strategic business plans
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective / preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback to the division –and the coordination of customer visits and audits
- Provide support to the Supplier Resource Management organization relative to the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the operation as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes feedback of supplier performance to suppliers and the division
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to the other functions of the organization to support them in continuous improvement activities.
- Manage the performance of total quality efforts in the organization and the pursuit of Eaton Business Excellence Certification.
- Study, investigate, and recommend new or leading edge technologies, methods, tools and procedures on the fields of quality assurance and continuous improvement to proactively address changes in the business environment.
- Lead the initiatives of the operation as the Management Representative in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the organization, with all the documentation required. This includes providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Lead the Internal TS16949 audit program for the organization and manage the corrective action system in conjunction with the management review process.
- Analyze key quality metrics related to both the Eaton Balanced Scorecard and customer systems and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product
- Manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to all the employees within the quality function of the organization.
- Design and implement quality assurance training programs for key personnel in conjunction with other managers in the organization. Conduct and / or coordinate training when appropriate.
- Support compliance with TS16949 by ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained. Report to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any needs for improvement through Management Reviews. Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Adhere to and comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Lead the Category 7 MESH
- Responsible for leading Continuous Improvement activities in my area of responsibility through the
- deployment and utilization of Eaton Business System policies and processes, such as ELSS. CIF, PRO-Launch, EQS and others as applicable
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience with at least 5 in manufacturing, quality, or quality assurance (or 8 years with advanced education)
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing people
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Masters in Engineering or Business
- Large-scale cross functional project team management experience
- At least 5 years of quality management experience
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing methodology
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification or similar (CMQ/OE, CQE, CQA
- Knowledge of Torque TCP and/or fuel systems technologies
- Knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic management and project management.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with customers, manufacturing, and suppliers
- Strong customer focus and excellent presentation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, make decisions, and get results
- Experience in the design and development of new or improved products. Familiarity with basic technical engineering principles governing the design of product, such as fluid mechanics, stress analysis, material compatibility and heat treatment, valve gear dynamics and manufacturing techniques employed
- Familiarity and experience using DFSS and DFM engineering tools as well as a structured launch system
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only