Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Plant Services Supervisor
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, provide daily leadership and guidance to the Plant Services crew, while ensuring training and technical support for employees in the department to insure maximum efficiencies within the department. The Plant Services Supervisor will be responsible for implementation of programs and policies. He/she will provide guidance, direction and coordinate all responsibilities for the Sanitation department which includes Safety, Quality, Engagement, Training, Performance, etc. This person is responsible for Third Party Inspections, Hygiene plan, employee training and safety programs such as Confined Space, and Respirator Fit programs for the plant. Additional responsibilities include identification of operational savings, reduction of cleaning time, development of SSOP's, assist in the validation of line cleaning, ongoing verification of line / equipment cleaning and necessary internal inspections.
1. 20% Oversee the disassembling, cleaning, reassembling and sanitizing of all equipment that has been used in production to ensure it meets SSOP standards.
2. 20% Coordinate and oversee the following programs: Pest Control, Ladder Program, Respirator, Confined Space, Sanitation W.I., Allergen Cleaning W.I., and SSOP's
3. 15% Coordinates the plant inspection program for the maintenance of sanitation levels. Duties include:
• schedule and conduct monthly plant inspections (with help of other team leaders)
• write and issue reports (with help of other team leaders)
• issue corrective action reports (CAR) as needed based on inspection observations
• follow up on CAR as needed (with help of other team leaders)
• do any other follow-up as needed
• schedule monthly Sanitation steering team meetings
4. 5% Ensure Plant and Company goals are met as they relate to the plant services department.
5. 2% Ensure work orders are scheduled and maintained as they relate to Plant Services Department.
6. 2% Ensure that Plant Services employees follow all safety guidelines and use personal protective equipment where required. Meet all safety objectives set up for the department.
7. 5% Manage Plant Services budget.
8. 2% Coordinate the training of all Plant Services employees in lock-out, confined space, and blood borne pathogen procedures, and ensure that these procedures are followed.
9. 2% Establish acceptable guidelines for Plant Services employees to follow to assure that the plant is kept clean and sanitized.
10. 2% Order weekly and monthly supplies for the Plant Service Department.
11. 3% Ensure that Good Manufacturing Practices and Kosher requirements are followed.
12. 4% Consistently maintain a safe working environment including prompt response to items needing maintenance attention, and awareness and monitoring of employee practices.
13. 2% Analyze and resolve work problems; or assist workers in solving work problems.
14. 5% Ensure that weekly Work Group Meetings are held; DDS, safety, etc.
15. 2% Assist and train leaders and plant services team.
16. 2% Coordinate and oversee all outside vendors as they relate to the Plant Services Department; Pest Control Technicians, Chemical Vendors, etc.
17. 2% Oversee daily crewing requirements (three shifts).
18. 1% Coordinate the annual AIB Inspection.
19. 2% Ensure that all personnel directly working within Plant Services adhere to plant policies and procedures.
20. 2% Become trained and complete assignments as a plant quality system auditor.
21. The above reflects the typical duties of this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed, including coverage for the absence of key personnel involved in the management and/or implementation of our food safety and quality systems.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in; food science, microbiology or biological science degree is preferred but not required.
Minimum of three to five years of direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Sanitation knowledge, skills and experience strongly preferred.
Experience in a food industry plant environment with an understanding of manufacturing processes preferred.
Understanding of Sanitary Design for food manufacturing equipment.
Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Effective abilities in organizing and deductive thinking.
Able to communicate at any organizational level.
Ability to obtain forklift license.
Ability to obtain pesticide applicator certification.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Computer proficiency is preferred in the following: Windows-based software applications (Word, Excel, Access), and SAP.
The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, the noise level in the plant is usually loud.
50% in plant environment, standing, bending, twisting, lifting
40 % in office environment
10 % domestic travel
The employee must be able to work weekends, holidays, and be able to flex time on all three shifts.
TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.