At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose:We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
NCI Building Systems, Inc. is one of North America's largest integrated manufacturers of metal products for the nonresidential building industry. NCI is comprised of a family of companies operating manufacturing facilities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, with additional sales and distribution offices throughout the United States and Canada.
We are seeking a passionate and accomplished Plant Superintendent for a state-of-the-art manufacturing operation in Iowa. The ideal candidate will have a background in steel construction or the building products industry within an automated manufacturing facility where lean manufacturing is a routine part of the daily operations. This person needs to have a proven track record of delivering results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- A successful operations planner will have the skills to perform in the following essential areas:
- Partner and coordinate with all departments to achieve on-time/complete delivery performance
- Provide exemplary leadership in a fast-paced environment subject to constant change while dealing with information and resource constraints
- Establish, review and monitor all plant
- Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) to assess safety, productivity, customer service, quality, scrap, and cost management
- Help with continued adherence to lean manufacturing and predictive maintenance practices
- Ensure plant compliance to all labor, safety, and environmental regulations
- Deliver relevant training/presentations to facilitate and sustain improvement activities
- Aggressively look for opportunities to drive growth and value across the organization
- Performing other duties as assigned and filling in for the plant manager as needed
In order to be considered a candidate for this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Desire to advance in the organization
- Ability to define problems, gather information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement process improvements
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proven ability to lead, inspire, mentor, develop, and guide a team of managers and professionals, thereby creating an environment that energizes the team to perform better
- Ability to lead with unquestionable integrity and ethics, with a desire to work in a growing, dynamic, purpose-driven, and values-based organization
- Have positive energy in good times and especially bad
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Engineering, Business, or related field, plus 5 years related experience in manufacturing
- At least 3 years in a management or operations leadership capacity in a manufacturing environment, responsible for all plant departments
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing, continuous improvement, and/or six sigma practices
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.