Are you passionate about connecting with consumers through the products that you help to manufacture? Are you highly organized and detail oriented? We are looking for outstanding teammates who understand and cultivate good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) and company quality principles to deliver the product performance and quality that consumers expect from our products.
As a Plant Technician Chemist at Procter & Gamble, you will perform testing of materials within the Quality Control Chemistry Laboratory Other responsibilities might include:
- Performing instrumental analysis using UV/Vis, FTIR, Dissolution; simple analyses using HPLC, GC, and wet chemistry tests on pharmaceutical samples, using LIMS where required
- Execute testing of in-coming materials - RM, packaging components, FP, stability samples, according to the current method, USP/NF with supervision
- Perform computer analysis of chromatographic results
- Using algebraic calculations to quantify test results
- Analyzing data and identify trends and notify Lab Management of any OOS or OOT results
- Perform routine maintenance on lab equipment as needed
- Work effectively with others to achieve individual, team and organizational goals
- Zero Material related Loss in the Manufacturing Process
- Precise execution of Initiative work
- Yearly Cost Savings work driving down the bottom line
Further, our technicians have and can display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment; maintaining accurate records and data; strong technical, communication and analytical skills; and knowledge of computers.
Our Phoenix plant operates 7-days per week. Employees work any day of the week including schedule adjustments to weekends as needed, but normally with advanced notice. Work on weekends may be overtime or as part of the normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shift or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be mandatory and asked to be worked as overtime.
Additionally, the safety of our employees is of great importance to Procter & Gamble. Technicians will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, eye protection, and additional outwear and/or a personal respirator depending on the location and task. You should follow all safety rules, read necessary Safety Data Sheets, use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and help maintain an accident-free work area.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree, Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Have 2+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry or related field
- Have prior experience with using HPLC, LIMS, GC, robotics or wet chemistry testing.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.