- 5 years of experience in software architecture and design
- Strong background in data analysis, software development and architecture
- Experience in service-based architectures
- Background in business process knowledge/improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with system design
- Ability to learn, evaluate and adapt new technologies quickly
- Experience in Agile processes
The Platform Strategist understands and anticipates product needs through the research of emerging technologies, customer feedback, current state processes, and creating partnerships with the business and Product Strategy. The Platform Strategist works with engineering teams across the organization to help guide them in creating a cohesive, consistent and evolutionary platform for Quicken Loans.
- Participate in developing and maintaining the platform vision and road map, communicating openly on how and why
- Participate in the development of an evolutionary architecture that can be accepting of future change
- Ensure that solutions being developed meet the road map and architecture
- Partner with product owners, architects and release train engineers to understand the scope of work and assist in achieving product goals
- Understand and apply the business strategy established by senior leadership to the platform road map
- Actively participate in the technology and mortgage industries to anticipate platform needs
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.