Job Title: Playtime Coordinator
Reports To: Resort Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care, outstanding customer experience and a fulfilling work environment. Pet Paradise Resort is a comprehensive petcare provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. Located in nine states and with over fifty location locations in operation or under development, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
For more information, visitwww.petparadise.comand our social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
The Playtime Coordinator is a critical link to the pet-care experience and resorts operations. The Playtime Coordinator position will organize timely and effective playtimes, manage pets by age, weight, and size, and communicative with resort team on updates.
Essential Functions of the Playtime Coordinator include:
- Interact with and monitor dogs in play areas (play-yard and pool) using appropriate toys and tools to ensure a safe level of play
- Minimizing stress levels of all dogs in the playgroup, monitoring for aggressive or unusual behaviors
- Control levels of play by following dog management and control procedures and instructions provided by management
- Supports team with additional cleaning and play-yard maintenance duties
- Use proper dog handling techniques as instructed by management
- Report any unusual behaviors, injuries, or critical information to management and veterinary services if applicable
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- True passion for working with animals
- Comfortable working in all-weather conditions; will be exposed to pool water
- Experience in a boarding/day-camp setting preferred
- Reliable and flexible to resort schedule needs including days, night, weekends, holidays, and peak times
- Able to learn to work with and handle a variety of sizes and breeds of dogs.
- Ability to receive instructions and remain adaptive to change and training material
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (with limitations)
- Discounted Veterinary Care (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions. Ability to problem solve.
Certificates and Licenses:
Canine/feline CPR certification preferred.
Animal handling skills preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The employee may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Associates may be exposed to animals that may scratch and/or bite.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.