As the the PLC Camera Specialist Engineer you will design and design the control part and program of the equipment, including the sequential chart (grafcet). Participate actively to the automation roll-out plan of its entity, developing and fine-tuning automated stations. Deploy the digital applications of the Group linked to the Production amp; the Supply Chain, such as the MES deployment, regarding the connection of PLCs to the MES. You will be able to troubleshoot and solve the machines’ reliability issues linked to PLC. Create PLC code standards for all equipment and define and program camera systems for new projects.
- You know and apply the IProM procedure, including the Lean Process Design Methodology (for automation projects).
- You do functional analysis.
- You analyse the operating and stopping modes of equipment.
- You apply standards in PLC and camera systems.
- You are able to design the electrical and pneumatic plans of equipment.
- You support actively the ramp-up of new equipments to make them successful.
- You create specifications in its area of expertise.
- You manage the subcontractors.
- You create specifications for new systems.
Production amp; Continuous Improvement
- You monitor the performance (QCDM) of equipments to identify room for progress and implement progress actions in his field (for TRP, breakdown amp; microstoppages rate progress).
- You perform continuous improvement of equipment of his perimeter (reliability, cost, performance).
- You work on Cycle time reduction to solve bottlenecks, bring savings and optimize investments, improving the HMACPI of its entity.
- You work on the identification and implementation of automation projects.
- You support the production amp; maintenance departments, to improve the MTTR ( analysis, problem solving).
- You act for a fast amp; cost-optimized connection of machines’ PLC to the MES, with error codes management.
- You ae able to transfer knowledge to production and maintenance people for an improved reactivity (1st level).
- You work on obsolescence plans (identification amp; solving of issues).
- You work on breakdowns risks mitigation plan (identification amp; implementation).
- You are in contact with the suppliers (improvement, support).
- You perform benchmarking and market analysis in order to remain aware of last evolutions, trends and integrate them in its mid-term actions.
Safety amp; environment
- You ensure the respect of Safety and Environment directives, including LOTO.
- You act permanently to reduce accident risks
- You act to improve the 5S (including machines’ documentation) and react to issues.
As the crossroads of mid-America, Seymour enjoys the finest of both worlds... a community of 20,000 where the comfort of John Mellencamp's small town is valued, and within one hour of the amenities of two of the largest cities in the Midwest, Indianapolis and Louisville. There are a wide variety of community and family oriented activities year-round. Strong business community with a strong industrial base, retail growth and service sector expansion that makes Seymour a great place to live and grow a business.