The primaryaccountabilities below are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and arenot intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
Reads, understands andinterprets blueprints, drawings, floor plans, schedules and manufacturer'soperating and/or maintenance specifications as they relate to electrical,mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and special equipment, building structures andfinishes. Maintains and perform repairs, modifications, replacement andinstallations on a wide variety of plumbing systems and equipment. Performsroutine and preventive maintenance to include operating, cleaning, inspecting,troubleshooting, adjusting, tightening, replacing, lubricating, reporting problems,and other similar tasks on a wide variety of plumbing systems and equipment.Enters time into departmental specific system (i.e., Maximo). May be calledupon to perform the work of other maintenance personnel or to assist in thecompletion of their work to include HVAC Mechanics, Electricians, MaintenanceTechnicians, Carpenters, Masons, and others. Responds to requests formaintenance and service from building occupants to include emergencies,maintenance problems, requested installations, modifications, repairs andadjustments, and other similar tasks. Performs other duties andresponsibilities as may be assigned or directed by Division management andsupervision.
Essential JobFunctions to Include:
- Maintains and performs repairs, modifications, replacements and installations of Domestic Hot and Cold Water Systems to include pumps, piping, valves, dietary equipment, rest room fixtures, filters, water treatment equipment, etc.; HVAC Hot and Chilled Water Components to include coils, boilers, hot and chilled water piping, valves, etc.; and Waste Removal Systems to include grease traps, piping, sewage processing equipment, sanitary drain lines, traps, sewage ejectors, bed pan washers, and other similar type equipment.
- Maintains and performs repairs, modifications, replacements and installations of steam and other systems to include traps, piping, valves, heat exchangers, condensate return systems, flash tanks, boilers, laundry equipment, and other similar equipment.
- Maintains and performs repairs, modifications, replacements and installations of life safety systems and specialized medical and research equipment to include fire protection systems, medical gas lines, autoclaves, sterilizers, vacuum systems, and other similar equipment.
- Responds to requests for maintenance and service from building occupants to include emergencies, maintenance problems, requested installations, modifications, repairs and adjustments, and other similar tasks.
Hourly Rate of Pay: %2422.27 - %2423.16 - %2426.38 (Commensurate with experience &qualifications), plus incentive opportunities for Master Plumbers (upon hire) and/orMedical Gas Licenses (after successfully completing 6-month probationary period).
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 3:30pm –12:00am (Subject to change to meet the needs of the Hospital). Work schedule iseligible for shift differential pay.
Graduate from anaccredited Technical School and a minimum of three (3) years of experience inplumbing maintenance with similar facilities required. Work experiencemay substitute for education requirement.
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of trades mathematics
- Knowledge of trades communications
- Plumbing skills
- Steam fitting/pipe-fitting skills
MVR: Must maintain a valid driver's license, issued in the UnitedStates. Motor Vehicle Record will be obtained and reviewed at leastannually. Driving record should meet University underwriting standards todrive vehicle in performance of University business.
Currently licensed witha Journeyman Plumber Registration or Masters Plumbers License, issued by theState of Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Boardrequired.A Fire pump and Backflow certificationpreferred.Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 6,000 hours ofverifiable on-the-job training for the Plumber certification, or equivalentverifiable experience.
Possess the necessaryphysical requirements, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safelyperform the duties and responsibilities of this position to include:
- Performing tasks requiring climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling, and extensive walking significant distances between and within buildings on campus
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to work in a Hospital setting
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and scaffolding, and work at heights above thirty (30) feet
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work within extreme temperature ranges
Incomplete job profiles will not be processes. Please becertain to showcase depth and breadth of experience on your application andresume, as they relate to the needs of this job announcement.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employercommitted to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment inwhich all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balanceirrespective of race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history,gender, faith, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation. UAB alsoencourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Primary Location: University
Job Category: Facilities
Organization: 112301000 Hospital Maintenance
Employee Status: Regular