Position Title: Plumber, Part Time
Department: Facilities Maintenance
Date Prepared: August 2020
FLSA Status: Hourly
Submissions without completed application WILL NOT be considered.
Standard of Christian Commitment
The divine mission of the Seminary mandates that all personnel must demonstrate a commitment to the purposes of the Seminary. Every employee shall be an active member of a local church of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is expected that conduct becoming a follower of Jesus Christ will be portrayed in the community.
Responsible for installation, maintenance, and repair of piping and plumbing systems in seminary residential and commercial facilities.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Sees that the work is done according to applicable codes.
- Installs or assists in the installation of new residential plumbing services and fixtures.
- Installs or assists in the installation of campus piping and plumbing systems according to drawings made by engineers and/or other applicable plans.
- Performs work with the least possible damage to existing buildings and their contents.
- Verifies that work is functional and in good working order before declaring it complete.
- Responds to plumbing service calls, repairing various types of plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Sees that trucks are stocked with frequently used parts.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment requiring service.
- Sees that job site is kept clean and safe.
- Seeks to learn and improve proper techniques and skills.
- Special assignments as given by the supervisor or seminary administration.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be familiar with common power and hand tools used in plumbing.
- Possess a natural curiosity, great problem solving skills, good mechanical aptitude, and a willingness to get dirty.
- Naturally exhibit a servant’s heart with a positive and encouraging attitude.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to relate well to people.
Qualifications / Education:
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in the plumbing trade.
- Must have an acceptable driving record with a valid USA driver’s license.
- Successful completion of background check and MVR.
- Reports to the plumbing supervisor.
- Limited: must make decisions specific to skill level using critical thinking skills and take initiative to complete all assigned tasks accurately and timely.
Exposure to Confidential Information
- Able to bend and/or stoop.
- Able to climb and lift up to 40 pounds to perform tasks that may be assigned in the course of operations.
- Must be able to carry up to 40 pounds of parts and equipment.
- Must be able to perform occasional overhead reaching, bending, stooping, twisting, and kneeling.
- Must be able to work in crawlspaces and attics from time to time.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to withstand the heat and cold of the north Texas climate.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel, crouch, climb and balance, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.