E = Functions
1. Installs, replaces, services, and repairs a variety of residential and commercial plumbing, including hot water heaters, sinks, lavatories, toilets, urinals, and the connecting piping, traps, sewers, etc. E
2. Answers service calls. E
3. Accurately records material usage and completes maintenance work orders. E
4. Maintains an adequate supply of replacement parts. E
5. Assists in a program of instructing residents in the care of plumbing systems. E
6. Installs and repairs lawn sprinkler systems. E
7. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and continuous improvement of service delivery to assist in attaining the unit/program/department initiatives and goals, agency core strategies, and mission through a spirit of service, teamwork and respect. Work well with other employees, follow direction, and work well under pressure. E
8. May test and certify back-flow prevention devices.
9. Attend all required training and safety meetings; use, maintain and replace assigned personal protective equipment; report all injuries and illnesses to supervisor immediately; complete and submit incident/accident reports as required; report hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices to supervisor; and follow all safety and health guidelines, practices, policies and procedures, and actively support and participate in the Emergency Preparedness program and tasks. E
10. Performs fire confidence testing in accordance with the Seattle Fire Department (certification required). E
11. Performs back flow assembly testing (certification required). E
12. Performs work during off hours as necessitated by job or emergency calls.
13. Makes such reports as are required.
14. Performs related duties as assigned.