Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
SCOPE OF WORK:
Independently perform construction and maintenance of plumbing systems. Determine the location for and type, size and amount of material required, considering such factors as volume, pressure, temperature and type of substance being piped. Layout, construct, install, rebuild, maintain, repair, adjust, modify and test plumbing systems such as water, drain lines, lawn and fire sprinkler systems, etc. Assist in the maintenance and repair of underground sewer and water systems. Perform any work assigned to the employees in the classification. Perform work in other classifications when incidental but necessary to accomplish work assignment.
Performs duties in compliance with Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force laws and regulations and requirements and KSC/CCAFS energy management conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of the section, working within the limits of established policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conformance with proper codes, ordinances, sketches, specifications, blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
- Perform minor insulation with prefabricated industry approved insulating materials, binding, plastic, cement, etc. as required.
- Perform routine plumbing, such as diagnosing, testing and repairing all types of plumbing lines and fixtures.
- Diagnose and repair major plumbing breakdowns which do not respond to routine maintenance.
- Operates industry standard welding equipment to perform bending, cutting, burning, and soldering, as necessary, to accomplish work assignment.
- Cuts, bends and threads pipe using hand or machine powered tools and equipment.
- Attaches fixtures, valves, couplings, and fittings to pipes and tubing by various methods.
- Tests, and inspects systems for leaks, pressure and malfunctions.
- Replaces defective pipes and fixtures.
- Opens clogged drains, performs general maintenance work as required.
- Performs work of mechanical nature as required.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment
- Work with computers
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Maintain certifications, licenses, permits, etc., required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problem and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, under direction, to maintain work flow.
- Maintain security clearance, area permit(s), licenses, certifications, etc. required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Performs other related and/or associated duties as required.
- This classification may include managing hazardous materials or other environmental responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects exceeding 30 pounds
- Walk, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and bend/twist body for extended periods of time
- Work at heights
- Walk up/down stairs frequently
- Climb ladders and scaffolding
- Use hands to handle, control, feel objects, tools and make adjustments to equipment controls
- Frequently perform repetitive movements
- Ability to correctly perform with corrective devices, tasks that require close visual acuity, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
- Wear job/task related/required PPE: i.e. safety shoes, hearing / eye protection, hard hat, respirators, gloves, fall protection etc.
- Tolerate in and outdoor extreme cold, heat and humid conditions for extended periods of time
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule and on alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- A recognized apprenticeship training program plus 2 years of experience OR
- Military or Civilian vocational training plus 2 years of experience OR
- 5 years of direct work-related skills, knowledge, and experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain job related Licenses, Certifications etc. required by Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force standards, rules and regulations
- Able to interact with customers and coworkers in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Must have working knowledge of computers and work-related computer programs associated with the position
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.