We are currently seeking experienced Plumbers to join our team in our Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857 location.
Who We Are:
A-General Sewer, Inc. - is a residential, commercial and industrial service business serving customers in New Jersey. The company was established in 1965 and provides plumbing and drain cleaning services. We are a team of highly experienced technicians with a reputation for getting the job done. To learn more about us, please visit us at ageneralsewer.com
About the Role:
This position requires the ability to assemble, install, or repair pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems, according to specifications or plumbing codes.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Maintenance, Installation and Repair:
- Performs functions including but not limited to plumbing and pipefitting related to the installation, repair, maintenance and inspection of plumbing systems and equipment. When required, will reference details from engineering and architectural blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Will perform work related to installation, repair, maintenance and inspection of pipes, water lines, sanitary lines, drains, gas, air and other supply lines, heating cooling and process systems, pumps, appliances, toilets, sinks, showers, radiators and all other related auxiliaries.
- Removes clogs and stoppages from waste pipes and drains, replaces worn or faulty related parts. Must possess the ability to operate and use power and hand tools pertaining to the plumbing/pipefitting craft.
- Conduct video pipe inspection and location of drain lines.
- When required the employee will drive a vehicle pulling a trailer jetter. Will be required to operate a high pressure water jet for cleaning lines.
- Install, diagnosis and repair pumps.
- Troubleshoots problems to isolate and repair faults and defects in piping, connections, fixtures and other plumbing systems and equipment, using the appropriate testing instruments, tools and personal protective equipment.
- Will maintain logs and record readings and other operating data, which are required for normal maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Operates, stores, safeguards equipment, materials, tools and supplies.
- Will actively participate in projects and will complete them in a timely and quality driven fashion.
- When necessary, the individual will prepare simple written reports and keep records of equipment, materials, supplies, time and work completed.
- Will safeguard the confidentiality of personnel records, files, fiscal data, correspondence and similar confidential materials.
- The Plumber will adhere to the company’s safety policies and procedures and maintain the workplace and their work areas in a safe, clean, organized and well maintained condition.
- Will have general knowledge of safety precautions and of potential hazardous conditions.
- Must possess the knowledge and application of the National Plumbing and local codes, if needed.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma OR equivalent
- Plumber Certification or License a plus, but not required
- Experience in the plumbing field with a wide knowledge of industry standard practices and methods for installation and repair of water and sanitary lines, pipes, plumbing systems and equipment.
- Must be available and capable of performing emergency plumbing work.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and overtime.
- Must possess the ability to understand and communicate oral and written instructions
- Ability to move, lift or exert force sometimes over 100 pounds on equipment, materials and tools. Must be able to work on feet for long periods of time, climb any type of extension or other ladder, balance, reach, stoop, kneel and stretch within limited size and potentially dangerous areas including roofs, attic and crawl spaces
- Able to work inside and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Able to work in extreme cold and heat conditions
- Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available including: Healthcare Insurance, Paid Vacation & Holidays, and Growth Opportunities
Please submit your cover letter, and resume
via the ‘Apply Now’ button!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Please, no phone calls or agency submissions!
Keywords: Commercial Plumber; Drain Cleaner, Plumber; Drain Technician; Journeyman Plumber; Master Plumber; Plumber; Plumbing Mechanic; Residential Plumber; Service Plumber