PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that’s as diverse as the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain. Building talent by design, is our intentional approach to creating a truly safe, collaborative and inclusive work environment that fosters growth, empowers professional achievement and where people are treated with respect at all levels.
If you’re someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we’re looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a strong company and culture where you’ll feel engaged, challenged and valued.
If you’re ready for the next big step in your career and want a career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced growing company, thenJOINour team and become a part of an organizationthat valuesPEOPLE,SAFETY, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY,ACCOUNTABILITY& SUSTAINABILITY.
As a Plumbing Design Engineer, II, you'll get to assist with and have control over the design of plumbing systems You will effectively design the building plumbing systems and actually be able to see your designs come to life. Interact with the entire design team and the project manager to understand the project scope of work, project schedule and project deliverable.
What you’ll do:
- AssistPrinciple and Senior Engineers in design tasks as required.
- Prepare preliminary (redline) design layouts.
- Perform deliverable and products such as calculations, drawings, and specifications related to plumbing and piping systems.
- Perform calculations for a project, such as equipment selection, and sizing, fixture calculations, product specifications, and design and layout for roof drains, sanitary lines, and water lines
- Assist in coordinating all aspects of the project design with project management, architects, and other trades through the completion phase of a project.
- Perform and check CADD drafting work.
- Manage and execute all matters in the plumbing design and assume ownership on projects as a Plumbing Design Engineer, II
- Strong design background and understanding of systems and applications in buildings and facilities, including coordination with other disciplines mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and architectural.
- Proficiency in understanding building codes and standards.
- Strong client facing/client relationship/client management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, time management required.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Strong knowledge of plumbing system design to include types of equipment utilized in the industry as well as general understanding of water supply and waste water system operations.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, including project management and field trades.
- Ability to read mechanical and plumbing plans.
- Competent with general business writing.
What you bring to the table:
- Has competency inintermediateworking computer skills to include Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel and Outlook.)
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, required or 7+ years of professional experience in commercial plumbing design without a degree
- 5+ years of professional commercial plumbing design experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated working design experience in Revit, Navisworks and MechCADD, required
- Revit Design Skill level: Advanced
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland Industries, check out our Career Video -Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are anEqual Opportunity Employerand prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment.All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test, background check and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this time**
If you don’t feel this position is match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to keep up to date on what we’re doing as a company.