A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Plumbing Designer for Houston
The Plumbing Designer prepares design drawings using industry software and maintains high quality standards, maintains communication with team members and clients, and performs on-site observations as needed. Assists in the organizing and maintenance of all completed design drawings and documents.
- Processes drawings received from the architect into models that can be used by the design team
- Prepares electronic drawings with accuracy, neatness, and efficiency using industry software
- Implements design requirements as related by design team
- Performs system design layout and sizing for assigned projects
- Attends project update meetings with both clients and team members
- Performs collision changes in Navisworks as collisions are identified by the design team
- Visually reviews plans for defects in design work
- Learns how to plan work and perform tasks in accordance with the budget by quantifying the amount of time and effort necessary to complete tasks
- Communicates with team members, project managers, other disciplines, and outside vendors to obtain necessary information on drawings
- Assists the design team in the process of putting a set of drawings into an organized package
- Learns to interpret drawings of all types of building systems
- Assists with the upkeep of project design and construction files
- Maintains a continued focus on the latest code requirements, design software, and other industry trends
- May assist in data collection and/or field verification
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Two-year technical degree in an applicable discipline plus one year applicable experience OR three years applicable drafting experience
- Revit experience
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.